Grad School Fall 2021 - FAFSA Question 45J

I'm applying for grad school and completing the 20/21 Fafsa app as in independent student - FAFSA application asks this question (box 45J):

"Money received, or paid on your behalf (e.g., bills), not reported elsewhere on this form. This includes money that you received from a parent or other person whose financial information is not reported on this form and that is not part of a legal child support agreement."

If parents paid undergraduate tuition in 2019 while I was a dependent, should I enter the total amount of tuition paid as an answer to this question? Same question with regard to rent paid by parent?? I've asked this on the Fafsa hotline and the response was not clear and they suggested talking to the financial aid departments where I'm applying - I have 10 schools and really just looking for guidance to try to get this right for all my apps. Thanks

I had this same issue while applying last year and I did end up reporting what my parents contributed to my tuition/housing/etc that year. Not sure if that's the right answer, but that was my interpretation after agonizing over it.

19 hours ago, estel said:

I had this same issue while applying last year and I did end up reporting what my parents contributed to my tuition/housing/etc that year. Not sure if that's the right answer, but that was my interpretation after agonizing over it.

Thanks! Yes that's the question/issue and appreciate your input. It's a common scenario for most moving directly from undergrad to grad school, and the guidance on it seems to mixed.