Operations Research / Industrial Engineering Fall 2011

finallywon

Hello everyone,

I want to apply for MS/PhD program in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research for Fall 2012.

Undergraduate: Top IE school in the middle east

Courses: Probability, Statistics, Operations Research (2 Courses taught by Prof. Katta Murty from Ann Arbor), Production Planning, Quality Control, Simulation, Facilities Planning, Scheduling, Supply Chain Modeling, Stochastic Processes

GPA: 3.91 (Major GPA=3.96)

GRE: Still did not give yet but based on several practice tests, I expect a 750-800 on quantitative, 550-600 on verbal, hard to predict AW

Recommenders: 2 studied from georgia tech, 1 is a professor at ann arbor and studied from UC Berkeley

Research: Analyzed a combinatorial problem in inventory management using heuristics programmed on Matlab and exact methods programmed on GAMS as part of an undergraduate research course

Currently, I have the following universities in my list:

1) MIT ORC (I know it's a long shot)

2) Georgia Tech ISYE

3) UC Berkeley IEOR

4) Stanford MSIE

5) Viriginia Tech

Can you please advise whether I should apply for a MS/PhD option or should I only consider MS in order to maximize my chance of acceptance? Can you also advise on the best number of universities I should apply to in order to get at least one acceptance? What other universities should I add to the list in order to maximize my chance of acceptance based on my qualifications?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I am still not very sure how Stanford's MS ME ranks with cornell MEng ORIE. I have a friend who has applied to both and is eagerly waiting to hear from them . IS it possible to get spring admits into either of these programs ?? anyone with some info please let share ....

I found some info on Cornell MEng programs at http://www.acadiary.com/channelBroadcasts.php?channelId=6. I want to know chances of spring admits for international students in these places.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have applied to M.Eng in IEOR to University of California Berkeley. I heard back with a request for a 20 minutes interview. Has anyone encountered a similar email ?

I wanted to get an idea on what to expect and what I should be prepared for ?

I have applied to M.Eng in IEOR to University of California Berkeley. I heard back with a request for a 20 minutes interview. Has anyone encountered a similar email ?

I wanted to get an idea on what to expect and what I should be prepared for ?

Please see the date of forum!!!