Sending GRE scores

Indeed

Hey everyone. I have scored 157 on verbal (I am an international student, never studied in the US before), 165 on quant sections of GRE. I am considering not to send my scores to the schools that made it optional as my scores seem to be quite average (slightly lower on verbal and higher on quant according to the information given in respective programs' websites). What do you think? Should ı send them?

I would absolutely recommend sending in your scores.  You are correct that your verbal score isn't great, but I think everyone on this forum will agree that having a good quant score is important, and a 165 quant score is excellent.  If you have a strong personal statement and writing sample, most people won't be too concerned about a 157 on verbal, and even that isn't *too* bad.  If you can afford it, I'd send them in.  

If others have different thoughts please feel free to say so, but I think a 165 quant is pretty strong and should be sent in.  

I disagree. Yes, 165 is a great score. but I think the likelihood of benefiting from your quant score is lower than the likelihood of being dinged for a low verbal score. In most years, yes a good quant score is important. But this year is different in that you have the opportunity to not send anything. In my opinion, the risk outweighs the reward, especially as an international student. 

From my experience, verbal scores are less important for some fields and international applicants are generally treated more leniently when it comes to those. To me, 157 for a non-native speaker is totally acceptable. 165 quant is fine too. None of those stand out to me as good or bad as such, it depends on other things. 

What I would want to know is what is your intended field and how does the rest of your application package look like. If you're applying to theory and to comparative, you want to signal different things. What is your math background? Have you taken a bunch of math courses, maybe you have a more quantitative degree? How is your writing sample? Quality of language in cover letter? What's your TOEFL score? Was your previous education in English? Basically, if your GRE is better than the rest of your application, you should send it. If it clearly isn't, maybe better not.