NYU PhD in Social Work

HOP

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AReelExpert said:

Still no reply, any word from ANY New York school? NYU, Columbia? 

I have not heard anything yet from NYU. I did accept an admission offer already though. But, sending you good vibes!

Just now, HOP said:

I have not heard anything yet from NYU. I did accept an admission offer already though. But, sending you good vibes!

OMG AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

where did you accept? Also did you get a good funding package? What is your are of interest you will study?

10 minutes ago, AReelExpert said:

OMG AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

where did you accept? Also did you get a good funding package? What is your are of interest you will study?

Sent you a direct message. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, KryzFerr said:

Nothing at Columbia from me. I looked at past years here and it looks like we have another week or so before past acceptances have gone out- one year they werent sent until early March. Good luck everyone!

Thank you! My nerves are going wild...especially because there’s no interviews!

1 minute ago, AReelExpert said:

Just checked, yup! It says “submitted” gah! Just tell me already ?

SAME- i feel like i'm just not as productive with my work with having this holding pattern over this potential result!

Sorry @HOPfor turning this briefly into a Columbia thread. I'm applying to NYU next year if this is bad news for me- i ONLY applied to Columbia this year (as it works better for my work) but I'm casting a much bigger net next year. 

9 minutes ago, KryzFerr said:

SAME- i feel like i'm just not as productive with my work with having this holding pattern over this potential result!

Sorry @HOPfor turning this briefly into a Columbia thread. I'm applying to NYU next year if this is bad news for me- i ONLY applied to Columbia this year (as it works better for my work) but I'm casting a much bigger net next year. 

No worries! Sending good vibes your way! I know how it feels checking your emails every 10 minutes and waking up in the middle of the night! It's awful!!!

I hope you get into the program you want and wish you all the best!

14 minutes ago, HOP said:

No worries! Sending good vibes your way! I know how it feels checking your emails every 10 minutes and waking up in the middle of the night! It's awful!!!

I hope you get into the program you want and wish you all the best!

You too! Are you based now in NYC?

@AReelExpert are you in NYC? 

1 hour ago, HOP said:

Congratulations! That's fantastic!

25 minutes ago, AReelExpert said:

I am not! I am actually in Michigan lol freezing as always.

are you in NYC? 

Yes- been here for almost 8 years! Trying to get in somewhere here but next year will look at places around the country- my partner loves NYC so has wanted me to focus here but willing to go elsewhere if its all bad news (hopefully it isnt!)

18 hours ago, sunluck21 said:

NYU is inviting applicants for interviews this week. Good luck everyone! 

WOW THAT IS EXCITING NEWS!!! How did you find out? Have you been invited? Also is it through the POIs? Or admissions?

thanks!

On 2/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, AReelExpert said:

WOW THAT IS EXCITING NEWS!!! How did you find out? Have you been invited? Also is it through the POIs? Or admissions?

thanks!

I received the invitation email from the admission office directly. As far as I know, they are still finalizing interview participants. They might send out more in the next couple of days!