Laptop Recommendations!

goaldigger97

Question

I will be entering graduate school next year for speech language pathology and want to invest into a new laptop. Preferably, I would like to purchase something other than a MacBook. Please list your recommendations below and what you like about it the most. Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

It's technically not a laptop, but I love my Microsoft Surface Pro. It functions like a laptop but can also be a tablet (which is nice for reading journal articles). There is a Surface laptop that is supposed to also be great, but they're more expensive. I have an older model Pro and it can run SPSS and do everything that I need it to do. It's also lightweight so easy to carry around wherever. 

10 hours ago, PsyDuck90 said:

Microsoft Surface Pro.

FWIW, we did Surface Pros a few years back. Things were going smashingly well and then things went sideways--battery life, graphics cards, overall performance. (No, I was not under my desk curled in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, I was looking for a Lemonhead I dropped--five second rule--and decided to do a duck and cover drill.)

Now, now we're back to Dell.

@goaldigger97, Lenovo customer service screwed me a year ago, I had a tantrum, and I may have made some kind of vow on Twitter, so I don't know what my next device will be. That being said, I've generally had good experiences buying refurbished ThinkPads from Lenovo's on line outlet.  If you go this route, I recommend that you set up an account linked to a method of payment so you can pull the trigger on a deal the moment you see it (devices tend fly off the shelves). Financing is available through Klarna.