Hoping to get some thoughts on the Hertie School, in particular for mpp:

1) how is it's reputation as present? It was considered upcoming for a while but wanted to know if anyone has an idea about how it's seen now considering it's been around for a bit.

2) how helpful is it for recruitment in Europe? Or is it only those who speak German who have an advantage?

3) how is the quality of teaching and exposure?

Thank you!

On 12/24/2020 at 11:03 PM, shrishti said:

Hoping to get some thoughts on the Hertie School, in particular for mpp:

1) how is it's reputation as present? It was considered upcoming for a while but wanted to know if anyone has an idea about how it's seen now considering it's been around for a bit.

2) how helpful is it for recruitment in Europe? Or is it only those who speak German who have an advantage?

3) how is the quality of teaching and exposure?

Thank you!

Hey,

I think I can give you some inputs here - one of my former supervisors at Cambridge did I think his post doc at Hertie. In his opinion, it was a fantastic school, however he did add that unless you leverage their dual degree networks, it will be difficult to get a job in international markets - if you intend to remain in Europe then Hertie is very well know.

The challenge Hertie has is that it’s comparitively new, and thus does not have that large a network of alumni around. If you want to look at schools in Europe, with a career looking in developing countries, or in other places around the world, I would suggest the Graduate Institute in Geneva or BSG Oxford.

I did look into Hertie before applying this cycle and found these two threads (they’re old, but helpful nonetheless):

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1203622

I hope this helps. Good luck on your apps!

Hey, thanks so much for this! Even I was thinking that it isn't as well know as Oxford in India for example. But I'm okay taking that risk as long as the teaching etc is good and people in Europe are aware of it, so will be helpful if I consider job opportunities there. Any idea about how many generally apply for their dual degrees and how many get it?

1 hour ago, shrishti said:

Hey, thanks so much for this! Even I was thinking that it isn't as well know as Oxford in India for example. But I'm okay taking that risk as long as the teaching etc is good and people in Europe are aware of it, so will be helpful if I consider job opportunities there. Any idea about how many generally apply for their dual degrees and how many get it?

No Idea sorry! Oh another University to look into (which has a great program) is Bocconi in Milan