Stanford psychology PhD

BellaFast

Has anyone else also applied to the psychology Ph.D. Program at Stanford? (Non-clinical) I haven’t been seeing a lot of people applying to this program so I wanted to start a little community for us who applied to the same program :) for those of you who did apply, did you hear anything from the department regarding interviews yet?

4 minutes ago, AGold said:

Hi! I applied to the Stanford Ph.D. in Social Psychology but I still haven't heard anything!

Same! I guess no news is good news right now. I saw that the virtual interview weekend will be 2/4-2/6 that's coming up so soon! I thought they would have given us a pretty advanced notice...

2 hours ago, BellaFast said:

Same! I guess no news is good news right now. I saw that the virtual interview weekend will be 2/4-2/6 that's coming up so soon! I thought they would have given us a pretty advanced notice...

So nice to meet someone else applying to the same program as me! I feel like everyone I know is going clinical. I wonder if it's because it is virtual so there is no need for advanced notice in terms of booking flights/hotels? Where else did you apply? Any other social programs?

34 minutes ago, UnmotivatedNeuroApplicant said:

Hey guys, I just had an informal zoom interview with a Stanford psychology faculty (not in the social area) and he said the decisions are expected to be made in the next 2-3 weeks

thank you for the update!

7 hours ago, UnmotivatedNeuroApplicant said:

Hey guys, I just had an informal zoom interview with a Stanford psychology faculty (not in the social area) and he said the decisions are expected to be made in the next 2-3 weeks

Thank you for sharing that information!! Do you mind sharing which area you applied for? 

22 hours ago, UnmotivatedNeuroApplicant said:

ps. That's why I'm 90% sure that the Stanford psychology admit posted on the result page is fake

• 11 months later...

I applied (non-clinical), nothing yet. But I'm returning post a long career, so I don't have much hope. Do you just wait for email or check the portal? Is there a schedule posted somewhere about general timeline?

good luck all.

9 hours ago, LelaD said:

I applied (non-clinical), nothing yet. But I'm returning post a long career, so I don't have much hope. Do you just wait for email or check the portal? Is there a schedule posted somewhere about general timeline?

good luck all.

I think this is the threat for last year application. I also applied to Stanford (non-clinical). Haven’t heard back yet. I think the only thing we can do at this moment is waiting for emails (interview or rejection lol).

On 1/12/2021 at 3:42 AM, UnmotivatedNeuroApplicant said:

Did the pi contacted you for interview?