CSUN MSW 2021 Interview!!

JUM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I applied to the Online 2yr Cohort and I received an email today to set up my group interview for next week. I'm feeling very nervous about the group portion of the interview. Wishing everyone here good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, MSWyess said:

Hi everyone. I applied to the Online 2yr Cohort and I received an email today to set up my group interview for next week. I'm feeling very nervous about the group portion of the interview. Wishing everyone here good luck!

Have you had your interview yet? I have mine this friday Feb 26th and I'm nervous, if you had your interview I'd love to know what to expect!

On 2/23/2021 at 12:26 PM, anhkimchi said:

Have you had your interview yet? I have mine this friday Feb 26th and I'm nervous, if you had your interview I'd love to know what to expect!

Don't be nervous, it was honestly not as difficult as I envisioned it would be. Everyone including the interviewers were very supportive throughout the process.

My group interview was with two faculty members and a total of 8 prospective students. They start out by giving an overview of the program and then everyone has a chance to introduce themselves.

Then they move onto unique individual questions where you have 2 mins to respond to a question they put on the screen. The questions were typical interview/social work questions, such as: how do you envision SW to play a role in urban communities, how do you envision technology playing a role in SW, describe a time you were given constructive criticism and how did you apply it, (there were a couple more than I can't remember). 

Afterwards is the group activity. The interviewers turn off their camera and give the group a task to complete in 5 mins. Everyone was really supportive in my group and made sure everyone had an opportunity to speak. (Time goes by really quickly during this portion) After the 5 mins, you debrief the activity with the interviewers and share your thoughts on the experience.

The interview concludes with them giving you a writing prompt to respond to via email within 10 minutes. It's a simple prompt asking you general questions about your plans to manage the demands of the program.

I hope this helps you feel less nervous! Something that helped me out is having a glass of water nearby to take a sip every once in a while. Remember that they gave you an interview for a reason. You got this :)

I also applied to csun msw, had my interview and am anxiously waiting for an answer. I was accepted to CSU San Bernardino last Friday but I prefer CSUN. I have 30 days to give CSUSB an answer so I hope I hear from CSUN soon. Anyone hear of any acceptance letters going out? I read in past posts interviews for the program typically mean you’ve been accepted. I don’t know though!

Hi! I had my interview on March 12th. I was so nervous but now all I have to do is wait for an answer. I'm apart of a Facebook group called California Schools of Social Work MSW Applicant Support Group and a couple of people have posted saying they got accepted to CSUN's online program already. Hopefully we hear good news soon! :)

Hi everyone, 

So I interviewed on 2/19 and received an acceptance email on 3/5. I’m still waiting to hear back from CSULB, but CSUN asked for a reply back by 3/12. I tentatively sent in my documents to CSUN. If I get accepted to CSULB I’ll have to evaluate the pros and cons of the program. 

9 hours ago, MSWyess said:

Hi everyone, 

So I interviewed on 2/19 and received an acceptance email on 3/5. I’m still waiting to hear back from CSULB, but CSUN asked for a reply back by 3/12. I tentatively sent in my documents to CSUN. If I get accepted to CSULB I’ll have to evaluate the pros and cons of the program. 

Congrats! Is it the online program or the on campus program? I interviewed 2/26 but I haven't heard back yet and I applied for the on campus program, I know people for the online program have already been receiving their decisions.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:50 PM, JUM said:

Hello! I am wondering who else has applied to CSUN for Fall 2021?  I am very nervous about group interview!

How was the interview itself? Please share your experiences!! 

Thank you! 

Hi yes I applied to CSUN MSW FALL 21 program, interviewed 3/13-anxious to hear back. I applied to CSULA, UCLA and CSUN. was rejected from CSULA, waiting to hear about UCLA and I heard if you get an interview at csun your chances of acceptance are pretty high!! goodluck everyone.

12 hours ago, mcs3348 said:

Hi yes I applied to CSUN MSW FALL 21 program, interviewed 3/13-anxious to hear back. I applied to CSULA, UCLA and CSUN. was rejected from CSULA, waiting to hear about UCLA and I heard if you get an interview at csun your chances of acceptance are pretty high!! goodluck everyone.

Hi! You interviewed a couple days before me :) so hopefully we both find out soon!! 
I was wondering, where did you hear about having a good chance of being accepted if you got an interview? I’m so nervous and I feel like this could help me relax a little hahahaha. Thank you!! 

Just now, remdom said:

Hi! You interviewed a couple days before me :) so hopefully we both find out soon!! 
I was wondering, where did you hear about having a good chance of being accepted if you got an interview? I’m so nervous and I feel like this could help me relax a little hahahaha. Thank you!! 

Oops, I actually interviewed 1 day before you, idk why I wrote a couple days lol.

22 hours ago, anhkimchi said:

Congrats! Is it the online program or the on campus program? I interviewed 2/26 but I haven't heard back yet and I applied for the on campus program, I know people for the online program have already been receiving their decisions.

Thanks, I applied for the 2-year online program.

9 hours ago, remdom said:

I saw it on a thread from last years applicants! not sure how true but lots of people were saying it.

10 hours ago, mcs3348 said:

I saw it on a thread from last years applicants! not sure how true but lots of people were saying it.

Oh okay! I hope it's true! thank you ?

On 3/16/2021 at 6:05 AM, anhkimchi said:

Are they people who applied for the 2 year or 3 year online program? I interviewed 3/3 and check my email about 5099 times a day but still no answer! I have until the end of the month to give CSU San Bernardino an answer. But I’m wondering if I should just accept theirs. It’s hard to know. 

19 hours ago, Itsthe3Cs said:

Are they people who applied for the 2 year or 3 year online program? I interviewed 3/3 and check my email about 5099 times a day but still no answer! I have until the end of the month to give CSU San Bernardino an answer. But I’m wondering if I should just accept theirs. It’s hard to know. 

Hi! I applied for the in person 2 year but I saw a couple of people from the Facebook group who applied for the online program and they mentioned that they interviewed in late February and early March I believe, and a couple of them already got their acceptances. I would check out the Facebook group. I honestly made a new Facebook just to join that group because it’s so helpful. The group is called California Schools of Social Work MSW Applicant Support Facebook Group

31 minutes ago, remdom said:

Hi! I applied for the in person 2 year but I saw a couple of people from the Facebook group who applied for the online program and they mentioned that they interviewed in late February and early March I believe, and a couple of them already got their acceptances. I would check out the Facebook group. I honestly made a new Facebook just to join that group because it’s so helpful. The group is called California Schools of Social Work MSW Applicant Support Facebook Group

Thank you! I joined the group but I can’t find any posts that say they were accepted just that they’re waiting. I’ll look again

You’re welcome :) I’ve only seen people who applied to the online program get their acceptances so far. You can type in “CSUN” in the search bar and see what comes up. 

Edited by remdom