Mistake on grad application

Rachelle99

Question

I have applied to an Mscph at McGill. I dont know how i havent noticed it before but in my profile in my application on uapply, only one of my degrees saved and with the date of the previous one ive done(i have done two degrees)

all the info is correct on my cv and they have my transcripts since both degrees were done there, but its not correct in my academic history on my profile and i can no longer change it. It says to contact admins

i sent an email to the administration and waiting for a response to see if they can help but i am completely freaking out 

Do you think this mistake alone can be a huge negative point on my application ? 

overall i have a 3.74 gpa in a related domain, i think my cv and statement are ok and my references seem solid but can this mistake alone disqualify me ? 

Edited by Rachelle99

3 answers to this question

On 1/23/2021 at 5:45 PM, Rachelle99 said:

I have applied to an Mscph at McGill. I dont know how i havent noticed it before but in my profile in my application on uapply, only one of my degrees saved and with the date of the previous one ive done(i have done two degrees)

all the info is correct on my cv and they have my transcripts since both degrees were done there, but its not correct in my academic history on my profile and i can no longer change it. It says to contact admins

i sent an email to the administration and waiting for a response to see if they can help but i am completely freaking out 

Do you think this mistake alone can be a huge negative point on my application ? 

overall i have a 3.74 gpa in a related domain, i think my cv and statement are ok and my references seem solid but can this mistake alone disqualify me ? 

Did you try emailing? To clarify 

On 1/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, Rachelle99 said:

I made a very similar error on my application (entered the wrong graduation date for one of my degrees), and didn't notice this error until nearly two months after I had submitted it. I emailed the department as well as the school's graduate admissions coordinator with the clarification, and the department's point of contact responded nearly ten days later, letting me know that they had shared my email with the person handling the applications. 

I asked a few people about how this mistake might affect my chances of being considered, and they mentioned that this is a fairly small/insignificant error. Since you provided the CV and transcripts that list the correct graduation date (and have also contacted them acknowledging the error), I doubt it will be a deal-breaker. Good luck!

Edited by Supe