Post-season plans?

TagRendar

With results from this year's application season rolling in, given the utter strangeness of this particular application season (mirrored to a greater or lesser extent by last year's and perhaps--perhaps--mirrored by next application season as well), I'm curious regarding what everyone's plans are.  If you got in somewhere but weren't funded, are you taking the spot?  If you didn't get in anywhere, what's next for you?  Got into a program, funded, but suddenly having second thoughts?

This past year (2020) was challenging for everyone.  Unpopular opinion, but 2021 will also be challenging, but in different ways.  So what's your path ahead?

On 2/4/2021 at 11:29 AM, TagRendar said:

This past year (2020) was challenging for everyone.  Unpopular opinion, but 2021 will also be challenging, but in different ways.  So what's your path ahead?

At least no one is saying "Fuck 2021!" which is giving me some hopes for a better year ahead. ;) 

Just now, TMP said:

At least no one is saying "Fuck 2021!" which is giving me some hopes for a better year ahead. ;) 

That is 100% valid! Something tells me that 2020 is going to be a benchmark for bad years for some time to come and it's going to be hard for 2021 to be worse (that is not a challenge, fates, please do not take it as one).

I know that in the event that I don't get in anywhere this cycle, once I'm able to get to the GRPL archives again, I'm going to be digging through their collections for information on how Grand Rapids handled the 1918 flu--that particular pandemic was something I was interested in before COVID-19 hit and has been something I've wanted to look into more deeply for a while.  I just haven't had much chance thus far.