Zb17

Just wondering to which specializations/deadlines people applied? How did interviews go (if you had one)? How is everyone feeling about their admissions generally w Medill? I know Berkeley is pretty topical on the forum at the moment— also happy to discuss that. NYU, USC, Columbia, etc. as well! But I just wanted to lead with Medill seeing that a lot of people have said they’ve applied. Thoughts? I’m v curious :) and excited! And anxious hahaha

I applied for the political track at Medill. Haven't heard anything yet. My interview was alright. Fairly straight forward. I actually remarked to my friend that it was basically impossible to read the guy. We both figured that's what he's going for, but that kind of made it difficult to get a vibe going. I usually only feel very strong about interviews when I have an actual vibe with the person. Fine is the word I would use to describe it.

I also applied at Columbia and USC. Political at Columbia. USC I went for a multidisciplinary specialty that is political in nature. They allow you to customize. 

Someone posted today that they got an interview with Columbia. Did everyone get interviews already? If you did, was that for the MS or the MA?

Good luck everybody.

Applied for the magazine specialization and had my interview already for Medill. I actually think it went really, really well :) Hopefully things end up working out! I applied to Berkeley, Columbia, NYU, Newmark School of Journalism, and Stanford. I had my writing tests for Columbia and Newmark already, haven't heard back from Berkeley yet. I didn't get an interview invite for Columbia but I applied for the MS program and heard that they don't do interviews for the MS track? I don't know honestly. Does anyone know if NYU does interviews? Anyways, hoping we all hear back soon with results and get in somewhere!

Yay so excited to hear all these responses!! I also applied for the magazine track @anna23 and think my interview went pretty well! Really excited to hear from them. Nothing from Berkeley yet, kinda not expecting it. NYU i dont think conducts interviews, did you  apply for magazine and digital storytelling there?

1 hour ago, Zb17 said:

Yay so excited to hear all these responses!! I also applied for the magazine track @anna23 and think my interview went pretty well! Really excited to hear from them. Nothing from Berkeley yet, kinda not expecting it. NYU i dont think conducts interviews, did you  apply for magazine and digital storytelling there?

Oh cool!! Good to hear ? Yeah, I'm kind of concerned about Berkeley but it's my alma mater so if I don't get in, I won't be too upset. And yes, I applied for magazine/digital at NYU too! What would your top choice be out of all your schools?

Just now, anna23 said:

Oh cool!! Good to hear ? Yeah, I'm kind of concerned about Berkeley but it's my alma mater so if I don't get in, I won't be too upset. And yes, I applied for magazine/digital at NYU too! What would your top choice be out of all your schools?

Not sure really yet? Or maybe that’s the anxiety of putting all my eggs in one basket hahahaha. I am quite excited about both Medill and NYU. Yourself?

18 hours ago, Zb17 said:

Not sure really yet? Or maybe that’s the anxiety of putting all my eggs in one basket hahahaha. I am quite excited about both Medill and NYU. Yourself?

I think Columbia would be nice if I could get a scholarship but I'm not really sure yet either! NYU is great too. I'd just be grateful for any acceptance and am scared with all of the applications. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to everyone with decisions coming out! Seems like they’re rolling out faster than previous years. I haven’t heard anything but I don’t have a US number and my application still says in review on the portal. Wishing everyone a good week ahead!!!

2 hours ago, jennnifer said:

Has anyone heard back about scholarships from Medill? I had emailed the financial aid office earlier this week and she said anyone receiving a scholarship would hear back today. I'm just wondering when they'll send the emails out.

Yes. I got zero.