NYU Steinhardt PhD

LilyKitty

2 hours ago, flowerpower07 said:

I also applied and haven't heard anything either!

Hi flowerpower,

I think we can keep each other posted! I applied to literacy education concentration, and the admission office emailed me back saying Teaching and Learning program will not conduct interviews. But I checked gradcafe for records in the past years, there are reports claiming they received interviews. Not sure if things are changed for this special year:).

On 2/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, LilyKitty said:

Hi flowerpower,

I think we can keep each other posted! I applied to literacy education concentration, and the admission office emailed me back saying Teaching and Learning program will not conduct interviews. But I checked gradcafe for records in the past years, there are reports claiming they received interviews. Not sure if things are changed for this special year:).

Sounds good. I applied to the science and environmental education area of study. I would think they may send out an email letting folks know they're not conducting interviews this year. It is a weird year so maybe that's why. I also wonder if NYU received an influx of applications as well!

Hi guys, I applied to the TESOL program and haven't heard anything either. I emailed the admission office asking about interviews. They said that they do not have interviews for the program. I am assuming this goes to other Teaching and Learning programs as well. They also said decisions typically go out in mid- to late March, so I guess we have to wait a bit more. 

6 hours ago, GuaGua42 said:

Hi guys, I applied to the TESOL program and haven't heard anything either. I emailed the admission office asking about interviews. They said that they do not have interviews for the program. I am assuming this goes to other Teaching and Learning programs as well. They also said decisions typically go out in mid- to late March, so I guess we have to wait a bit more. 

Hi,

It’s good to hear from you! Are you applying to PhD or Mater program? Yeah I think we may wait until at least March to see if the application will start to roll. I’ll post here if there’s any update for mine! 

On 2/8/2021 at 2:52 AM, flowerpower07 said:

Sounds good. I applied to the science and environmental education area of study. I would think they may send out an email letting folks know they're not conducting interviews this year. It is a weird year so maybe that's why. I also wonder if NYU received an influx of applications as well!

Hi flowerpower,

I think they might indeed receive an influx of applications this year. I just got rejected from BU, and my POI emailed me that they received many more applications this year than before. I guess it may be because some programs, like HGSE, are not accepting applications for Fall 2021, which results in a more intensive and competitive admission process for the rest of programs that are still opening.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:09 PM, LilyKitty said:

Hi flowerpower,

I think they might indeed receive an influx of applications this year. I just got rejected from BU, and my POI emailed me that they received many more applications this year than before. I guess it may be because some programs, like HGSE, are not accepting applications for Fall 2021, which results in a more intensive and competitive admission process for the rest of programs that are still opening.

Definitely makes sense. When I spoke to the Stanford GSE they said they received thousands more applications probably because of HGSE not accepting apps! I'll just keep my fingers crossed and bide my time til March (that's so long T_T)!!

7 hours ago, flowerpower07 said:

Definitely makes sense. When I spoke to the Stanford GSE they said they received thousands more applications probably because of HGSE not accepting apps! I'll just keep my fingers crossed and bide my time til March (that's so long T_T)!!

same as you... finger crossed T_T

On 2/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, LilyKitty said:

Hi flowerpower,

Thanks for making this place!

I applied for International Education (PhD).

Hi all,

I applied as well for the Fall 2021 admissions. My concentration is Science and Environmental Education. I just got an email yesterday (2/12) requesting an interview for this week! Just a heads up, my email went to the "promotions" folder in my Gmail box. Definitely check if you haven't heard already.

18 hours ago, Jmartin91 said:

Hi all,

I applied as well for the Fall 2021 admissions. My concentration is Science and Environmental Education. I just got an email yesterday (2/12) requesting an interview for this week! Just a heads up, my email went to the "promotions" folder in my Gmail box. Definitely check if you haven't heard already.

I checked but nothong in my mail box yet...:( Thanks anyway! 

On 2/14/2021 at 4:45 AM, Jmartin91 said:

Hi all,

Congrats on the progress of your app! It's a bit weird that the admission office emails me that there would not be any interview for the program tho (not sure if this works for every concentration. I applied to literacy education). Good luck to your interview!

On 2/13/2021 at 10:25 AM, flowerpower07 said:

Hey y'all! I just got an email tonight asking for potential interview next week. Just wanted to keep you in the loop. I guess that means they're still processing applications.

congrats!!! Good luck to your interview! Come back here if there's anything you think worth updated:). You're the best!

15 hours ago, selah1231 said:

I checked but nothong in my mail box yet...:( Thanks anyway! 

Hi selah,

I think in this case, probably steinhardt processes apps at different paces for different concentrations within Teaching and Learning program. We have two fellows above who are in the same concentration of science and environmental education received interview notifications at the same time. I think we may just wait and see if there's any further update for us in other concentrations!

7 hours ago, LilyKitty said:

Hi selah,

I think in this case, probably steinhardt processes apps at different paces for different concentrations within Teaching and Learning program. We have two fellows above who are in the same concentration of science and environmental education received interview notifications at the same time. I think we may just wait and see if there's any further update for us in other concentrations!

Thank you, LilyKitty! Yes, I guess we have to wait a bit more. I will also post if I get anything new :)

Hopefully this week T-T !! 

Edited by selah1231

• 2 weeks later...