safetymoor

Question

Hi all,

I saw that previous years, folks created forums for that year's application cycle and didn't see one for this year. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything back already or had an interview? Based on last years post, it looks like interviews were had around this time, so I wanted to know if anyone else had theirs? It would really help in letting me become depressed earlier so as to get on with my life sooner. Thanks!

Hey everyone, 

I did not get an interview either. The Harvard GSD FAQ says that interviews are not normally part of the admissions process so I guess we just have to wait it out and see. 

"Are interviews part of the application process?

Interviews are not normally part of the application process, though on occasion some applicants to the Master in Design Engineering degree program may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be contacted if an interview is requested."

https://www.gsd.harvard.edu/admissions/apply/admissions-faq/

Good luck everyone!

Had an interview on 2/9. Talked about the motivation, collaboration experience, problem solving and coding skills. Then I asked questions about the MDE curriculum. It was like 15 minutes. Not sure if it‘s necessary bc I am an international student and I’ve completed a design degree in the United States.

Edited by Yifeieve

5 hours ago, sensen111 said:

Hey! I just had 10 min interview. The professor was late for 10 minutes.... And he was in a hurry and wanted to finished the talk as soon as possible.  Quite worried about the result. Who interviewed you guys?

When did they send you the invitation for the interview , if I may ask? 

On 2/23/2021 at 2:36 AM, sensen111 said:

Hey! I just had 10 min interview. The professor was late for 10 minutes.... And he was in a hurry and wanted to finished the talk as soon as possible.  Quite worried about the result. Who interviewed you guys?

The earlier reply

2 hours ago, Nishaaa said:

People who had their interviews, when did you get an email regarding that? I did not get any such mail regarding interviews. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Yes, same here! 

Edited by Kambo