Application potentially never made it to the department??

semiotic_mess

What happens if it is later discovered that there was a system issue and your application never got reviewed? Many people got rejections on the same day from a school and I never received one, so I went to check the portal. When I looked at my status, it said:

"Your application fee has not been received and your application will not be considered for admission until payment is received. You or another individual may pay the application fee by credit card via the Graduate School Payment Portal, or by check/money order using the Application Fee Form."

I was granted a fee waiver and I entered it when I submitted my application no problem and went through. Other times I checked the portal that message wasn't there. 

Under that message it said:

"A decision regarding your application has been reached." And that I would be notified soon about it from the department. (This is also the message everyone else had under "status")

I am worried that my application may have never even been looked at? What if it never made it through, what would the department do at that point? I emailed the DGS, but I am interested to hear from people while I wait to hear back...

Edited by semiotic_mess