Waiting for Cambridge results

artvandaley

I submitted my applications on December 3rd, and never heard back for an interview so far. 
I almost gave up but still somehow ended up checking the portal today. I noticed that the status has changed to "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the central graduate admissions office"

Any idea what this means? 

1 hour ago, artvandaley said:

I submitted my applications on December 3rd, and never heard back for an interview so far. 
I almost gave up but still somehow ended up checking the portal today. I noticed that the status has changed to "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the central graduate admissions office"

Any idea what this means? 

GAO means that you're 99% accepted. It means the grad department is currently reviewing if your grades and school are real. Everyone gets a conditional offer afterwards , usually takes from 3-10 days. Congrats! For more details, you can check http://studentroom.co.uk , the thread: Official Cambridge Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread. This is the main place where we all freak out and share results :) Congrats!

12 hours ago, Krea96 said:

GAO means that you're 99% accepted. It means the grad department is currently reviewing if your grades and school are real. Everyone gets a conditional offer afterwards , usually takes from 3-10 days. Congrats! For more details, you can check http://studentroom.co.uk , the thread: Official Cambridge Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread. This is the main place where we all freak out and share results :) Congrats!

Oh!! That sounds promising. 
Thanks so much, especially for sharing the UK applicants forum - had no idea! :)