Anyone applied to UMD TLPL? Still not heard of them

kakoka

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 11:52 AM, kakoka said:

Hi guys,

I just check in because I applied to this program but never heard of the news and update. My status is still like Under Program Review. Just want to make sure if I got soft reject. 

Hi there! I also applied to UMD TLPL. My status has also been Under Program Review (Active) for a long time. Let's stay strong and be hopeful!

Edited by PeixinSu

8 hours ago, PeixinSu said:

Hi there! I also applied to UMD TLPL. My status has also been Under Program Review (Active) for a long time. Let's stay strong and be hopeful!

May I ask which concentration you applied to? 
TLPL replied that some concentrations are still making decisions and they expect to release by March. But now is March... feel so wasted for this decision to come

10 hours ago, kakoka said:

May I ask which concentration you applied to? 
TLPL replied that some concentrations are still making decisions and they expect to release by March. But now is March... feel so wasted for this decision to come

Thanks for sharing this helpful information! I applied to the Education Policy and Leadership division. "By March" could mean before or during March, right? Let's prepare for the worst but pray for the best! I also felt very anxious last month after receiving four rejects (4 rejects/1 waitlist/3 pending), but now I'm working on a new paper to keep myself busy and build my application for the next cycle just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 11:52 AM, kakoka said:

Hi guys,

I just check in because I applied to this program but never heard of the news and update. My status is still like Under Program Review. Just want to make sure if I got soft reject. 

Hi. I'm in the same boat. Wondering if I should email them and ask whether all acceptance letters have been sent out.

I have applied too for Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership with a specialization in Teacher Education and Professional Development at UMD. Wrote e-mail to Ms. Kay Moon on update in mid Feb right after I got accepted in Warner College of Education. Without UMD's decision I can't proceed.. Absolutely stuck. 

17 hours ago, MM.BD said:

I have applied too for Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership with a specialization in Teacher Education and Professional Development at UMD. Wrote e-mail to Ms. Kay Moon on update in mid Feb right after I got accepted in Warner College of Education. Without UMD's decision I can't proceed.. Absolutely stuck. 

Congrats on your acceptance to Warner College of Education! Can you ask for more time to decide? Have you heard back from Ms. Kay Moon?

Hi Captcha.. 

I cannot delay my decision at Rochester.. I have until April 15th. So need to hear back by then. Here's the response from Kay Moon sent to me on 17th Feb. 

*****Hi Mahreen, 

Thanks for your email. Some of our specializations are still reviewing applications. I expect them to finalize their recommendation decisions before March begins. 

Best, 
Kay

Kay Moon
Department of Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership
College of Education, UMCP

19 hours ago, MM.BD said:

Hi Captcha.. 

I cannot delay my decision at Rochester.. I have until April 15th. So need to hear back by then. Here's the response from Kay Moon sent to me on 17th Feb. 

*****Hi Mahreen, 

Thanks for your email. Some of our specializations are still reviewing applications. I expect them to finalize their recommendation decisions before March begins. 

Best, 
Kay

Kay Moon
Department of Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership
College of Education, UMCP

Thanks Mahreen for sharing the email! There is still a month before April 15th. Someone from last year was told that a decision would be made by April. Hope we'll hear back very soon. All the best to you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, MM.BD said:

Hi Mahreen, my application status just changed from "under department review" to "under graduate school review" today. Based on posts from previous years on UMD's application status, it's probably not a good sign... Maybe you want to check your portal and see whether there's an update. Best of luck to you!

Hi... why you think your status is not good news? it might mean that your application has passed successfully from your department to the graduate school now.. 

My status is showing "Under Program Review" for eternity.. just checked. 

53 minutes ago, MM.BD said:

Hi... why you think your status is not good news? it might mean that your application has passed successfully from your department to the graduate school now.. 

Because in previous years, many people who were in the same situation ended up being rejected... They say "under graduate school review" is bad news and "recommended for admission" is good news (for UMD's application status). I guess we will find out if that's true when I hear the final decision.

On 3/26/2021 at 1:34 PM, MM.BD said:

I got the rejection just now. They were right about the UMD application status...

• 3 weeks later...