Hertie School scholarship/aid 2021

DS2849

Hi. Has anyone heard back from Hertie on their scholarship/financial aid decisions yet?

In the absence of any scholarship, what other funding avenues are you considering especially if you're an Indian applicant?

Would love to connect to discuss! Thanks!

On 2/20/2021 at 10:06 PM, DS2849 said:

Hi. Has anyone heard back from Hertie on their scholarship/financial aid decisions yet?

In the absence of any scholarship, what other funding avenues are you considering especially if you're an Indian applicant?

Would love to connect to discuss! Thanks!

Hey! I had applied for the IGYLF scholarship and heard back earlier today. Didn't get selected. :( They'll be releasing their financial aid decisions sometime in the next two weeks, so I'm hoping I get something! *fingers crossed!*

Hey, same here. Although I believed I had a fair chance (I mean I know, everyone feels likewise about his/her application :p). I'm dejected. However no point brooding or fretting over it. I don't expect much out of their financial aid. I've mostly seen people getting 10-50% aid. The balance is still a big amount for me.

How are you planning things now? 

13 minutes ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Hey! I had applied for the IGYLF scholarship and heard back earlier today. Didn't get selected. :( They'll be releasing their financial aid decisions sometime in the next two weeks, so I'm hoping I get something! *fingers crossed!*

Hey, same here. Although I believed I had a fair chance (I mean I know, everyone feels likewise about his/her application :p). I'm dejected. However no point brooding or fretting over it. I don't expect much out of their financial aid. I've mostly seen people getting 10-50% aid. The balance is still a big amount for me.

1 minute ago, DS2849 said:

Hahaha! Yeah, fair's fair! Same here, it's a huge amount! Don't want to dig into my parents' savings and all. :( But even if I get a 50% waiver (which itself seems like a long shot), I'll be super happy! :D

I've applied for MPP and Dev Studies both and still waiting to hear back from all (including scholarships etc.) My current MO is to wait and hope for the best. :P

What about you? Where all have you applied? Also, what's your profile?

Just now, obscurelyalpha said:

Hahaha! Yeah, fair's fair! Same here, it's a huge amount! Don't want to dig into my parents' savings and all. :( But even if I get a 50% waiver (which itself seems like a long shot), I'll be super happy! :D

I've applied for MPP and Dev Studies both and still waiting to hear back from all (including scholarships etc.) My current MO is to wait and hope for the best. :P

What about you? Where all have you applied? Also, what's your profile?

Agreed. I'm thinking about exploring options of income-sharing along with a waiver if I get one. I don't wanna take out a student loan now.

I haven't applied anywhere else. US and UK anyway are expensive in terms of cost of living. And scholarships and aids are hard to come by. I was thinking of LKY and Tokyo too, but I didn't apply. But being in Asia all throughout, I wanted a global experience which may be a Sciences Po or a Hertie could've provided.

I've an MBA degree, employed for 3 years now, with some international and volunteering experience.

Hope you crack some aid man! 

1 minute ago, DS2849 said:

Agreed. I'm thinking about exploring options of income-sharing along with a waiver if I get one. I don't wanna take out a student loan now.

I haven't applied anywhere else. US and UK anyway are expensive in terms of cost of living. And scholarships and aids are hard to come by. I was thinking of LKY and Tokyo too, but I didn't apply. But being in Asia all throughout, I wanted a global experience which may be a Sciences Po or a Hertie could've provided.

I've an MBA degree, employed for 3 years now, with some international and volunteering experience.

Hope you crack some aid man! 

Hmmm, yeah, no student loan for me either. Doesn't make sense to have to pay it back with ~10% interest or whatever.

Northern places in the UK will be relatively cheaper (Edinburgh, York, Manchester, etc). Also, if money is a concern, won't UK make more sense given that their courses are all 1y?

Lol! I'm hoping for a global experience as well. Although I've applied to LKY as well since Singapore is as global as it gets in Asia, so there's that. :P

Ahh, okay! Thanks, mate. All the best to you too! :)

1 hour ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Hmmm, yeah, no student loan for me either. Doesn't make sense to have to pay it back with ~10% interest or whatever.

Northern places in the UK will be relatively cheaper (Edinburgh, York, Manchester, etc). Also, if money is a concern, won't UK make more sense given that their courses are all 1y?

Lol! I'm hoping for a global experience as well. Although I've applied to LKY as well since Singapore is as global as it gets in Asia, so there's that. :P

Ahh, okay! Thanks, mate. All the best to you too! :)

Good luck to you too! 

Do take a look at Chancen eG's income-sharing option. Although I'm yet to go into the details, it looks a viable option for bridge funding.