New and Upcoming SLP Programs

Hello @Bspeech!

I'm not sure about programs that haven't applied for accreditation through the CAA yet, but this is a list of all the programs that have entered the candidacy stage for accreditation by the CAA within the past two years: 

There are quite a few more programs in the candidacy stage. Programs are in this stage for  5 years, I believe, before they can apply for full accreditation.

Programs accredited within the last year, if you'd like to attend a program that is fully accredited but still new:

And just for fun, these are some historically accredited programs with new aspects to their programs: 

Edited by jomyers.online

On 3/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, ck907 said:

Medical University of South Carolina and University of Southern California (USC) are both new programs. 

@ck907 this is great, thank you! How did you hear about these programs, was it word-of-mouth? I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list for applicant programs yet, only those that have already been awarded candidacy. I'd love a list of applicant programs too!

Medical University of South Carolina

The Master of Science (M.S.) education program in speech-language pathology at the Medical University of South Carolina is an Applicant for Candidacy by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. - from chp.musc.edu

University of Southern California

The SLP Master's program is not listed on the program list for the Keck School of Medicine yet, but there is a catalogue overview of the program available.

"The USC Caruso Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (OHNS) of the Keck School of Medicine (KSOM) is proud to announce the opening of a Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (MS-SLP) program anticipated to open in the Fall semester of 2021.  The University of Southern California Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology program is an Applicant for Candidacy by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)." - from USCcareers.usc.edu