Writing a letter of decline

statenth

Thank you for the offer to the Ph.D. program at the University. I learned many things through the interview with professor A and I appreciate the committee's time and deliberation in evaluating my credentials, and the consideration for additional support as well.

However, I regret to inform you that I am accepting another offer that best matches my current professional goal. I decided to return this invaluable offer and support back for another deserving candidate.

Again, thank you for recommending me for admission to your program.

===

I am accepting another offer so I want to make sure that my letter delivers a polite decline. Please give any suggestion if you do not mind!

The simpler, the better:

Thank you so much for your time, consideration, and generous offer. However, after much consideration, I've decided to accept an offer for a different program. Thank you again, and I hope my release of this offer will be a benefit to another deserving candidate. 

5 minutes ago, PsyDuck90 said:

The simpler, the better:

Thank you so much for your time, consideration, and generous offer. However, after much consideration, I've decided to accept an offer for a different program. Thank you again, and I hope my release of this offer will be a benefit to another deserving candidate. 

Thank you! Looks so much better.