• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm good- still waiting to hear back too! Do you know when they'll start sending out offers? Based on their information session, it was supposed to be out by early-mid March. When did you send your app in?

Edited by awkjuniper

7 hours ago, awkjuniper said:

Hello, I'm good- still waiting to hear back too! Do you know when they'll start sending out offers? Based on their information session, it was supposed to be out by early-mid March. When did you send your app in?

I sent my app in Jan. I checked that last year they started releasing the results in the final week of March. Guess we have to wait for another week LOL ;X 

15 minutes ago, awkjuniper said:

I'm a Politics major at a Liberal arts college. GPA 3.7, haven't taken the GRE

Have you applied to other Graduate programs?

Yes! Master of Information at U of Michigan.

Im waiting for the results from these two programs

3 hours ago, awkjuniper said:

Hi, no I wasn't called for an interview.

When did you apply and hear back for an interview?

Hey, I applied right towards the deadline. Did not hear for an interview for this course but just had an interview for another course i applied to at Penn. I actually applied for the mbds last year as well and did not get through, but I do remember reading on some forum that some folks were interviewed.. Was hence asking if this happened this year as well.. 

Did you folks hear anything yet? Or know of anyone who heard? I have scholarship deadlines coming up. Can't apply for them till I know if I've gotten through the course. Emailed them yesterday but all they said was that they typically email decisions mid to end March. So not very helpful in their replies. 

On 3/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, Looney0504 said:

Did you folks hear anything yet? Or know of anyone who heard? I have scholarship deadlines coming up. Can't apply for them till I know if I've gotten through the course. Emailed them yesterday but all they said was that they typically email decisions mid to end March. So not very helpful in their replies. 

Nope haven't heard back yet.

When did you hear back last time?

On 3/29/2021 at 5:43 PM, awkjuniper said:

Nope haven't heard back yet.

When did you hear back last time?

My rejection came in the first week of April last year :) I'm guessing given that they haven't emailed yet, it's mostly a rejection. Have any of your friends heard back from them yet? 

7 hours ago, Looney0504 said:

My rejection came in the first week of April last year :) I'm guessing given that they haven't emailed yet, it's mostly a rejection. Have any of your friends heard back from them yet? 

Nope, oh no.

Have you heard from anybody that got an offer?

3 hours ago, awkjuniper said:

Does anyone know how this works? 

Do they send out rounds of offers? Or is it acceptances on one day and rejections after

Not sure at all. Congratulations to your friend though! The way it is for the other course I applied for at Penn is that they send you a link to join a Facebook page for candidates that are selected and are planning to join. Maybe your friend can confirm if they have a similar thing for MBDS? And then see how many people are in the group? If it's less than 50 them safe to assume it's happening through batches.. Or he/she could speak to a few people in the course to ask them if it's just one batch of emails.. I know it's a fairly long process to get this info though haha.  

The website mentioned that they will inform the first batch of selected people by end of March .. Something like that.. So maybe some reason to hope?

I do think results have been delayed this year.. so in case we're rejected, we might hear only after a couple of weeks.