University of Michigan Ford MPP

Oh wait really? My anxiety is going through the roof right now. I genuinely do not know if I'm competitive and it terrifies me (Ford is my top choice)

Undergrad GPA: ~3.6/4 (went to school in Canada, GPA is 7.96/10)

Work experience: 4 month internship with Canadian government, heavily involved in student politics, and lots of extracurriculars, as well as internship with Member of Parliament

4 hours ago, undergoat88 said:

Today is supposedly the big day for Ford! Thought i'd finally create its own thread so applicants can freak out here together. 

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out today's the day? Obviously the earlier the better, but just curious!

Anyone know if dual degree programs with Ford are waiting on Ford decisions to roll theirs out? I applied Ford-SEAS to potentially do a dual degree and SEAS has apparently sent out a lot of their decisions already, but my portal/email hasn't updated at all. Just wondering if anyone knows more about this. This decision can't come soon enough!

18 hours ago, g_9525 said:

Anyone know if dual degree programs with Ford are waiting on Ford decisions to roll theirs out? I applied Ford-SEAS to potentially do a dual degree and SEAS has apparently sent out a lot of their decisions already, but my portal/email hasn't updated at all. Just wondering if anyone knows more about this. This decision can't come soon enough!

I applied for a potential dual degree too and heard back from SEAS in last week of Feb, still waiting on Ford though. Sorry, I don't have a better answer but I think staggered results are probably driven by SEAS specialization rather than dual. Good luck!

16 hours ago, undergoat88 said:

My friend said last year it was around 1 pm, but who knows

Yeah, looks like last year it was around 12:30pm (at least accord to forum posts), and the email went to Gmail's promotions tab, FYI: 

Good luck, everyone! 

18 minutes ago, Franco123 said:

Uh oh, I haven't received anything yet.... But my last name starts with a V, so I'm hoping that's why

Update... got denied. I genuinely do not get why : I worked so hard on my application. It def hurts.

Just now, Franco123 said:

Update... got denied. I genuinely do not get why : I worked so hard on my application. It def hurts.

It just means you were meant to be somewhere else!!! And remember, such a crazy app year and you never know what happens in the decision room. Best of luck to you :) 

8 minutes ago, Zeppelin17 said:

Woho! Just got admission too! 

Does anybody know when they notify of funding? 

"Look for an email from the Ford School from March 11, 2021 with admissions and funding details"

It says this. I hope to learn about that soon, as without aid an admit won't mean much for me. 
Congrats to all!

@Franco123 - It is unpredictable, I guess. I got waitlisted at Sanford, Duke yesterday. Put in a lot more effort than this one as that was a higher priority.  All the best!