Too soon to accept an offer?

Hello everyone! 

I applied to just two programs, one MA and one PhD and got accepted by both. My choice is simple and I already know I will be accepting the PhD. The offer was sent to me around the 20th of last month. Is it too soon to accept an offer or should I play hard to get?

Also, I am thinking of negotiating the offer but I don't want to lie and say I have other offers because I don't, I didn't apply to other PhD programs. Should I try and negotiate anyway? 

I am ready to accept/decline and end all this grad school turbulent application phase, so any thoughts/suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks!

First, congratulations on the acceptance! Second, there's no point in playing hard to get, just accept the offer if you already know you want to accept it! Personally, I accepted my offer a few minutes after receiving it haha. 

You could always ask and see if the offer is negotiable, doesn't hurt to ask I think :) 

On 3/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, rainestorm said:

First, congratulations on the acceptance! Second, there's no point in playing hard to get, just accept the offer if you already know you want to accept it! Personally, I accepted my offer a few minutes after receiving it haha. 

You could always ask and see if the offer is negotiable, doesn't hurt to ask I think :) 

Thanks! I accepted since no one replied on time hahaha, I do feel bad I did not try to negotiate but that is ok, I feel I should have though. Congratulations to you too!

1 hour ago, lapomegranate said:

Thanks! I accepted since no one replied on time hahaha, I do feel bad I did not try to negotiate but that is ok, I feel I should have though. Congratulations to you too!

Congratulations! You probably didn't miss out on much for not getting into negotiations, and if you want I am not aware of anything saying that you won't be able to ask about a better package now anyhow. :) 

Just now, EJM said:

Congratulations! You probably didn't miss out on much for not getting into negotiations, and if you want I am not aware of anything saying that you won't be able to ask about a better package now anyhow. :) 

? thank you!