SLP Fall 2021 Waitlist

Hi all! 

I'm new to this forum and hadn't seen this for Fall 2021. I am currently waitlisted at the only schools I applied to. (For background, I am an out of field applicant only applying to 3 year programs). Ii thought I'd create this space for solidarity or updates.

Also, if you're a current graduate student, how was your experience with the waitlist? 

Good luck everyone! 

13 minutes ago, ck907 said:

I am waitlisted at Idaho State University. They told me they received 650 applications this year and am doubtful that I will get an acceptance. :(

? 650!!!

20 minutes ago, Mayestr said:

I’m waitlisted for my top choice MUSC. Does anyone know around what time we should see waitlist movement? I figured probably not until closer to acceptance deadlines but wasn’t sure. Good luck to everyone!

I’ve heard they could contact you as late as August!

I applied to eight schools, and so far haven't been accepted. As discouraging as it can be, I'm just trying to keep in mind that our field is suffering from a bottleneck. We need more clinicians, and we have a lot of soon-to-be clinicians applying, but cohorts are so small compared to the number of applicants. So, if we don't get in until our second or third application cycles, that's okay!!

My undergrad professors have always reiterated that we will all get into grad school at some point, we just have to be patient. Best of luck, y'all!

Rejected. Waitlist. Accepted. 

University of Colorado - Boulder.  University of Texas - Austin. University of Washington. Western Washington University. Northwestern. University of Vermont. Portland State University. University of Oregon

On 3/11/2021 at 1:54 PM, ck907 said:

I am waitlisted at Idaho State University. They told me they received 650 applications this year and am doubtful that I will get an acceptance. :(

Which campus? I was accepted at the Meridian campus but will more than likely be declining my spot, if that helps!

I have been waitlisted at UMass Amherst, Towson University, Penn State, and Temple. They all had more applicants than usual so I think for some of them I was waitlisted because of that. I really doubt I will get accepted to any of them, but that's okay because I have enough acceptances to choose from

On 3/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, doodlegrl said:

Hi all! 

I'm new to this forum and hadn't seen this for Fall 2021. I am currently waitlisted at the only schools I applied to. (For background, I am an out of field applicant only applying to 3 year programs). Ii thought I'd create this space for solidarity or updates.

Also, if you're a current graduate student, how was your experience with the waitlist? 

Good luck everyone! 

What schools did you apply to? I am also an out-of-field applicant and am on the waitlist for a school. I am desperate to get into due to my situation. 

I am trying to stay positive but hopeful that I will have the chance of getting into UVM. 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:17 AM, SLPGreen said:

Hi there!

I am in a similar boat...so far waitlisted for two schools, waiting to hear back from the last one.  Thinking positive thoughts for us all! ??

Hello

I am also in the waitlist for Oregon. Hopefully we get lucky! 

• 3 weeks later...

I was accepted, but I wonder why schools are getting so many applicants this year? Does anyone know? I will be at UNM in the fall, and I was told this is their largest cohort ever. (Which I didn't like to hear.) Why are there more applicants this year?

• 2 months later...

I applied to the University of Cincinnati online SLP program and have been waitlisted (unranked). They said we should find out by August 15th if we have been moved off of the waitlist or not. Is there something I should be doing in the meantime? Letter of continued interest? Has anyone else applied to this before or give me any advice? Thank you in advance!