PhD Admits Needed Final Thought On Finalizing

Hi All,

I need some advice as which universities to choose I applied for PhD. Biomedical Health Informatics Fall 2021. I have admits from the following universities:

1. Stony Brook

2. Case Western 

3. University of Minnesota Twin Cities 

Still waiting for results from 

Pennstate

UNC Chapel Hill 

NYU

Just for safety I applied for one program of Information Science at U Albany which I also got admit, but  least probably. I will join that course. 

Edited by Prime226
missed

On 3/25/2021 at 12:34 AM, Prime226 said:

Hi All,

I need some advice as which universities to choose I applied for PhD. Biomedical Health Informatics Fall 2021. I have admits from the following universities:

1. Stony Brook

2. Case Western 

3. University of Minnesota Twin Cities 

Still waiting for results from 

Pennstate

UNC Chapel Hill 

NYU

Just for safety I applied for one program of Information Science at U Albany which I also got admit, but  least probably. I will join that course. 

Honestly, it depends on what you want. All are great schools. Ask yourself, "Can I see myself living in this city for X years?" "Is the advisor at X university, someone I can see my collaborating with for X years?" "Does X University have the resources I need to be successful in my PhD Program? (Example: Organizations for students majoring in BioMed, Writing Center, Library with extensive access to publications and journals that you may need to cite).

Choosing a school should be picked based on what suits you best! Best of luck on your journey.