California MFT Masters programs?

jeepsica

Hey everyone, I'm new to GradCafe so I hope I'm posting this in the right place! 

I applied to 4 MFT programs this year, all CSUs - CSU East Bay, San Diego State, San Francisco State, and San Jose State. I got rejected from SDSU and accepted to SJSU, still waiting to hear back from EB and SF.

I'm looking for a program that's integrative - not just focused mostly on one therapy method. I interviewed with 2 professors at SJSU and they mentioned that SJSU's program is consistently CBT focused and that SFSU, for example, is mostly psychodynamic (not sure if they meant the clinical or MFT program, they are 2 separate programs at SFSU). However, the websites for ALL the schools say that their programs are integrative, even San Jose. I've reached out to professors at SF and EB asking but no response :(

Anyone have any input on these programs and how much different methods of therapy are taught/discussed? I have to give SJSU a response by April 5th and SF and EB could take until May or even June to make an admission decision! I don't want to turn down a great school like SJSU but I also want to attend the program that's a good fit for the kind of therapist I want to be. I also don't want to wait another year to apply if I say no to SJ and don't get in anywhere else! Thanks everyone! Best of luck on your admissions decisions this year! 

• 2 years later...

@jeepsica What ended up happening here? I'm trying to compare between a few of these programs as well (so far looking at CSUEB and SF State - maybe SJ too) and would love to know what you chose and how things have turned out since! :)