MSW scholarships?

I’ve found scholarships are a little harder to come by for professional degrees - but there are often opportunities for stipends or loan assumption depending on which sector you go into.  I did psychiatric social work with a local govt. agency with an at risk/underserved population and was given a 20K stipend and automatic job with that agency upon graduation. That agency also offered 10K a year in loan assumption. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 4:46 PM, DSWHopeful2021 said:

I’ve found scholarships are a little harder to come by for professional degrees - but there are often opportunities for stipends or loan assumption depending on which sector you go into.  I did psychiatric social work with a local govt. agency with an at risk/underserved population and was given a 20K stipend and automatic job with that agency upon graduation. That agency also offered 10K a year in loan assumption. 

This is great! Did your institution help you set this up, or did you find this on your own?

11 hours ago, fafsaavoidant said:

This is great! Did your institution help you set this up, or did you find this on your own?

In my case, it was a state funded stipend (California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC)) Each SW program was awarded a select # of stipends to distribute among students. It was pretty selective with an application, interview, and then you had to interview for an eligible internship (partnering public service agencies). Upon graduation,  you worked with an eligible agency for a set time. I got lucky and my agency hired me after graduation. 

Edited by DSWHopeful2021

13 hours ago, DSWHopeful2021 said:

In my case, it was a state funded stipend (California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC)) Each SW program was awarded a select # of stipends to distribute among students. It was pretty selective with an application, interview, and then you had to interview for an eligible internship (partnering public service agencies). Upon graduation,  you worked with an eligible agency for a set time. I got lucky and my agency hired me after graduation. 

An interview with school admin and then an interview with eligible agencies* 

Sorry for the added post, it won’t let me edit.