NSF DDRIG Cultural Anthropology 2020/2021

LetsGetThisBread

8 minutes ago, lemepris said:

That's the part I don't understand. How can they reject some applications before the review?

Apparently it’s a multistage review process. First the proposals are reviewed by the independent reviewers, then the high scoring one have to be “pitched” to a higher body for final approval. The ones that don’t make it to that final stage are released once it’s official that they didn’t. It gives them the most time for revisions. 

Oof, no new information to add, just another nervous waiter here! NSF is my last option for fieldwork funding... WG didn't work out with all of the COVID-related changes I had to make to my project. I had enough time by January though to craft a NSF proposal that I'm really proud of. Trying not to get my hopes up but it's so hard. Solidarity with everyone in this boat. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BoozyBaguette said:

Same, mine shows no updates since Jan 14th. ? I got my rejection last year on May 3rd.

I feel like this one is the toughest because you have the least ability to tell whether you’re still in the game or not 

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone here had heard from the bio application yet? I've looked over past forum posts and seen that some people have received notice starting around now. I'm also not sure what level the pandemic is slowing/has slowed this process down. 

Also, if anyone has insight on Leakey replies that would be cool too, lol

Edited by AcademiaIsMyToxicLover

1 hour ago, BoozyBaguette said:

My proposal was updated on Friday (5/7) and I just heard from my advisor that it was accepted. Hope everyone still waiting gets good news this week! 

Congratulations! May I ask if you applied on fastline? I heard that one of the two application portals does not show updates:) 

@BoozyBaguette I got an email about an hour ago as well but it doesn't seem to be unambiguous enough for me take it as an acceptance. It only says "We have had the opportunity to read the proposal and the reviewer and panel comments and recommendations and would like to consider the proposal for a DDRIG award." And then asks for a bunch of things, including 'An Addendum addressing Reviewer Concerns'. Does your email say the same?

'

Edited by lemepris

6 minutes ago, lemepris said:

@BoozyBaguette I got an email about an hour ago as well but it doesn't seem to be unambiguous enough for me take it as an acceptance. It only says "We have had the opportunity to read the proposal and the reviewer and panel comments and recommendations and would like to consider the proposal for a DDRIG award." And then asks for a bunch of things, including 'An Addendum addressing Reviewer Concerns'. Does your email say the same?

'

Yes, mine says the same, along with a "congratulations" near the end of the email. The language is definitely confusing but I think that means you got it!