Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

Hi all!

I am a current MPH student at UBC. For those who will be attending UBC in the fall, we have made a facebook group for future SPPH students as a way to connect with current students and other students entering the program. In addition to this, feel free to message me with any questions about the program :) I know it's tough deciding where to go so I'm happy to provide anyone with advice/details about UBC specifically!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7033333053408551

On 3/26/2022 at 1:03 AM, MPH2022applicant said:

Congrats @M.T!

Btw did any domestic applicant here receive an offer from Western yet? Mine is still applied and released to the department

I'm a domestic applicant and haven't gotten a response yet!

30 minutes ago, mynemjeff said:

Got an SFU acceptance March 24, haven't applied to UOttawa ? if I get in somewhere else though there's a good chance I might dip from SFU so that spot might open up :) good luck all

If I still havent heard back from sfu do you think I got rejected?

So I wasn't admitted to Brock and UW last year due the number of applicants (waitlisted Brock Apr 1, not admitted Jul 8; not admitted UW May 2). Reapplied to both this year (online programs as I will be working throughout the degree). I emailed Dr. Ludwa at Brock just to get a better idea of what to expect this week and this was her response this morning.

AC4B89F7-AE88-4817-A54C-74DDC42BCD48.jpeg

1 hour ago, butter said:

So I wasn't admitted to Brock and UW last year due the number of applicants (waitlisted Brock Apr 1, not admitted Jul 8; not admitted UW May 2). Reapplied to both this year (online programs as I will be working throughout the degree). I emailed Dr. Ludwa at Brock just to get a better idea of what to expect this week and this was her response this morning.

AC4B89F7-AE88-4817-A54C-74DDC42BCD48.jpeg

This week… haha I’m guessing not today!?

12 minutes ago, TheTachyNurse said:

Congrats!! Seems like they did Health Policy first and now Epi. I am waiting on HPro, maybe that will be next week lol

Hopefully sooner! If they only sent out one specialization per week it would take 8 weeks ?‍♀️

Edited by schoolmph

2 minutes ago, schoolmph said:

Hopefully sooner! If they only sent out one specialization at a time it would take 8 weeks ?‍♀️

Gosh I hope sooner @schoolmph I have had my application submitted since November 1st and it has been under review for over a month at this point, I am at the point of waiting fatigue where I am starting to mentally prepare to re-apply in the fall ?

15 minutes ago, Riri123 said:

Hi, Congratulations!! were you under review before getting the acceptance? Till when do you have to accept ?

Thanks! I think I was under review. I have until April 30 but I have to make a decision before April to choose between USask and UofA

4 minutes ago, OLAMIDUNSI said:

Sfu just rejected me

I’m soooooo sorry, Are you an international student from Nigeria(I am) and I feel like these programs don’t even want us?? they already have hundreds of domestic applicants and hundreds of us and they have like what 40 spaces in the program, it’s extremely disheartening, what other programs did you apply to?