Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

6 minutes ago, cinammon pancakes said:

I’m soooooo sorry, Are you an international student from Nigeria(I am) and I feel like these programs don’t even want us?? they already have hundreds of domestic applicants and hundreds of us and they have like what 40 spaces in the program, it’s extremely disheartening, what other programs did you apply to? 

Yes i am from Nigeria too . Ubc also rejected me 

15 hours ago, mynemjeff said:

Got an SFU acceptance March 24, haven't applied to UOttawa ? if I get in somewhere else though there's a good chance I might dip from SFU so that spot might open up :) good luck all

I just got my rejection through email lol, thank you for your help though!

3 minutes ago, cinammon pancakes said:

Yo, usask rejected me in early March, maybe you’re on a wait list, I applied to Uk schools after getting rejected last year and got admission but deferred cause I really wanted Canada,  

Usask has not reached out to me since ooo. I am even scared now. I have admissions in uk already sha if worst come to worst, i will go there

3 minutes ago, OLAMIDUNSI said:

Usask has not reached out to me since ooo. I am even scared now. I have admissions in uk already sha if worst come to worst, i will go there

I don’t want to go to Uk cause I’m not really a fan of the program but yeah same, that WES bit?? also looks like you did GRE, that’s where me I drew the line sha, I’m also regretting not applying to schools in America a bit,I think you should check your Usask portal, they emailed me to check mine on the third of March 

Just now, cinammon pancakes said:

I don’t want to go to Uk cause I’m not really a fan of the program but yeah same, that WES bit?? also looks like you did GRE, that’s where me I drew the line sha, I’m also regretting not applying to schools in America a bit,I think you should check your Usask portal, they emailed me to check mine on the third of March 

I did gRe. i don’t want usa at all. I have not received any mail, where on the portal 

6 minutes ago, OLAMIDUNSI said:

I did gRe. i don’t want usa at all. I have not received any mail, where on the portal 

Your application portal, they emailed me that a decision had been made and that I should log into my application portal then I think I saw a decision letter and opened that, May the odds be in your favour man

Just now, cinammon pancakes said:

Your application portal, they emailed me that a decision had been made and that I should log into my application portal then I think I saw a decision letter and opened that, May the odds be in your favour man

I just emailed them too. Amen .at this point i am very unhappy 

3 hours ago, cupsofcheer said:

Hi all, does anyone know what happens if you say yes to Queens MPH and don't end up going, is it paying back a deposit? how much? Waiting on other schools and their decisions and starting to get stressed. 

No, it is non refundable at most unis. I am pretty sure it is the same here.

23 minutes ago, LVMI said:

Hi everyone, would anyone know if studying MPH in the states would impact job opportunities in Canada after? (Wondering because a few courses may be tailored to US healthcare)

It might impact your networking opportunities in Canada since you would lose the ability to make local connections around your school. Outside of that, I doubt it would affect it too much. We don't have an accreditation standard like in the USA, but you might want to make sure the program meets the core competencies identified here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/public-health-practice/educational-programs-public-health.html

If you're planning on working in Canada it might be a good idea to try and find a practicum placement in Canada if that's possible. I can't say I've seen any jobs that I've applied to ask about my knowledge of the Canadian Healthcare System specifically, but that may depend on the jobs you're looking at. Health policy jobs might care more, data analysis might care less.

7 hours ago, cupsofcheer said:

Hi all, does anyone know what happens if you say yes to Queens MPH and don't end up going, is it paying back a deposit? how much? Waiting on other schools and their decisions and starting to get stressed. 

Hi this is what they said on their MPH website, so there is no deposit.

image.png.95003836877516d1e02b40d0fd34d128.png

Edited by MPH2022applicant

On 3/24/2022 at 2:32 AM, schoolmph said:

I emailed UVIC today about the status of their applications. They said " All applications are currently under review by our Admissions Committee and we anticipate decisions will be made by the middle of April.  We have received over 425 applications and with only 35 seats to offer, we are taking the time to review each application thoroughly and holistically" 

I also emailed last week to ask. Below is the reply I got 

"Please anticipate processing time for our office to conduct our initial reviews of your application.

If any additional unofficial documentation is required, you would be notified by email by the Records Officer who conducts that review.

Note:  There is no specific date by which programs must notify applicants of their entrance decisions.

Assuming you meet our minimum entrance requirements, you should anticipate an additional 2-4 months to pass before you hear from your program."

21 minutes ago, Melibera said:

I also emailed last week to ask. Below is the reply I got 

"Please anticipate processing time for our office to conduct our initial reviews of your application.

If any additional unofficial documentation is required, you would be notified by email by the Records Officer who conducts that review.

Note:  There is no specific date by which programs must notify applicants of their entrance decisions.

Assuming you meet our minimum entrance requirements, you should anticipate an additional 2-4 months to pass before you hear from your program."

who did you email?