Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

1 hour ago, ScumpiiBurner said:

Can I ask you when the deadline date to accept your Western MPH offer is? Just trying to understand the rationale behind their early June update on the waitlist.

The deadline to accept is May 14th.

Got waitlisted today from Western MPH! For those who were accepted, when is your deadline to accept your offer? I hope we don't have to wait until June to hear back about the waitlist, as they said in the email. 

Some of you on this thread also brought up that UofT and McMaster will be sending decisions this week. Good luck to everyone who applied! 

Edited by crispy chicken sandwich

My portal in the Lakehead application changed from “under department review” to just “submitted” now. Does this mean it’s been reviewed already? Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if it’s a good or bad sign ?

2 hours ago, SpiritedAway said:

My portal in the Lakehead application changed from “under department review” to just “submitted” now. Does this mean it’s been reviewed already? Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if it’s a good or bad sign ?

@SpiritedAway mine still says under review, although I am not expecting an update until May from Lakehead

5 hours ago, waitlistcanary said:

Anyone who has an offer for SFU....if you could decline, that would be great :') I'm number 1 on the waitlist and SFU was the only school I applied to!!! I will treat you to copious amounts of desserts and coffee if you do ❤️

(Congrats to everyone who has gotten offers!!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ )

Hey how do you know your in position 1? I’ve emailed sfu multiple times and haven’t gotten a response..

6 minutes ago, anonuser9000 said:

Hey how do you know your in position 1? I’ve emailed sfu multiple times and haven’t gotten a response..

Hey! I received an email from the MPH admissions office today (I haven't emailed them at all before). They let me know I was in position 1 (out of 33 waitlist spots), and asked me to respond to their email if I'd like to be kept on the waitlist! 

21 minutes ago, waitlistcanary said:

Hey! I received an email from the MPH admissions office today (I haven't emailed them at all before). They let me know I was in position 1 (out of 33 waitlist spots), and asked me to respond to their email if I'd like to be kept on the waitlist! 

Oh nice thank you, is the email from “fhsgrads” by the way? Just trying to find someone I can connect to for some questions! Goodluck. 

4 hours ago, Bekind_203 said:

What do you they mean by middle group of applicants? high chance that they send out offers as they review applicants. They do not review all applicants and send offers at once.

My guess is they review all apps in a first round, rank all the applicants, and pick the top people they want for sure and send out offers. Then they do the same process in a second round with applicants that didn't make the first cut but are still good (i.e. "middle group") to try and fill the class.

2 minutes ago, yeet_sleep_repeat said:

My guess is they review all apps in a first round, rank all the applicants, and pick the top people they want for sure and send out offers. Then they do the same process in a second round with applicants that didn't make the first cut but are still good (i.e. "middle group") to try and fill the class.

Makes more sense!!

34 minutes ago, waitlistcanary said:

Hey!! It's great to know that you was in position 1 on the waitlist. I actually declined the SFU MPH offer around 2-3 days ago. Hope that would open up a spot!!! Good luck ?

58 minutes ago, anonuser9000 said:

Oh nice thank you, is the email from “fhsgrads” by the way? Just trying to find someone I can connect to for some questions! Goodluck. 

It was from fhs_mph! Although, it could just be a mailing list for applicants and not an actual inquiry line. As far as I know, fhs grads is the go-to email for inquiries! 

Good luck to you too :)

45 minutes ago, TSRGO said:

Hey!! It's great to know that you was in position 1 on the waitlist. I actually declined the SFU MPH offer around 2-3 days ago. Hope that would open up a spot!!! Good luck ?

Oh gosh I hope!!! Knowing that I'm at the top of the waitlist eases my worries honestly. Fingers crossed for good news! I hope you got an offer from the program you wanted :) 

36 minutes ago, waitlistcanary said:

Oh gosh I hope!!! Knowing that I'm at the top of the waitlist eases my worries honestly. Fingers crossed for good news! I hope you got an offer from the program you wanted :) 

Wishing you all the best!!! I'm sure you'll get into the program because of the #1 position:))))

Thank you sooo much?

11 hours ago, waitlistcanary said:

Anyone who has an offer for SFU....if you could decline, that would be great :') I'm number 1 on the waitlist and SFU was the only school I applied to!!! I will treat you to copious amounts of desserts and coffee if you do ❤️

(Congrats to everyone who has gotten offers!!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ )

Hey! Also applied to SFU. Just wondering, did you emailing them to get your waitlist number? Or did they send you an email? Still haven't heard anything but I haven't gotten a rejection by email and my portal still says completed.

Just saw your reply to the other comment haha! Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Edited by Nel2699

8 hours ago, Nel2699 said:

Hey! Also applied to SFU. Just wondering, did you emailing them to get your waitlist number? Or did they send you an email? Still haven't heard anything but I haven't gotten a rejection by email and my portal still says completed.

Just saw your reply to the other comment haha! Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Hey! Yes, I didn't email them at all. They just sent it to me! My application status on the portal has not changed. 

I hope you get some news soon! I'd wager that emails are just coming out in waves :) Good luck!!

Hi guys! I've just declined offers from Western, Queens, and SFU so hopefully those of you on the waitlist will get an offer soon. 

I've currently accepted the offer from UBC, but I am a little conflicted. I have yet to hear back from McMaster and UofT, but if accepted to either of those programs as well, I'm not sure which program I should choose. I think all three are great programs, but any insights as to why people chose to apply would be really appreciated ?

I got an offer from Sfu. I legit thought it was an error and I couldn’t stop screamingggggg, I was just obsessively checking my portal when I saw accept/decline but I also saw application incomplete, they sent an email hours later with the actual offer and reasons why it said the application was incomplete 

2 hours ago, cinammon pancakes said:

I got an offer from Sfu. I legit thought it was an error and I couldn’t stop screamingggggg, I was just obsessively checking my portal when I saw accept/decline but I also saw application incomplete, they sent an email hours later with the actual offer and reasons why it said the application was incomplete 

I started to get a little torn so I waited a few days before accepting and sent Alberta an email asking for a decision, they responded swiftly that I check my portal and alas it was a rejection. So now i’m certain Sfu is the school for me

9 hours ago, waitlistcanary said:

Hey! Yes, I didn't email them at all. They just sent it to me! My application status on the portal has not changed. 

I hope you get some news soon! I'd wager that emails are just coming out in waves :) Good luck!!

Thanks! I got an email from them yesterday (but it got a bit lost in my inbox so didn't see it until later). I'm also on the waitlist but I'm number 20 ? so we'll see what happens!