Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

3 minutes ago, Popcorn21 said:

Did you ask her about your application status that she mentioned that? Its exciting for you!! :)

No I did not. I just asked when we could expect to hear back and that I had other offers! I also mentioned uoft was my first choice. Hope that helps!

5 minutes ago, alittlestitious99 said:

me too. just curious, anyone know the average class size at McMaster?

When I attended the webinar back in the Fall they said ~25 domestic students (as far as I can remember). Not sure how many international students are accepted though. Sorry to hear about the rejection - I hope you hear positive news from anywhere else you might have applied to!

Just now, abba22 said:

When I attended the webinar back in the Fall they said ~25 domestic students (as far as I can remember). Not sure how many international students are accepted though. Sorry to hear about the rejection - I hope you hear positive news from anywhere else you might have applied to!

Thanks! I'm most probably going to accept my offer from Guelph, I believe they have around the same class size. Good luck to you as well! 

30 minutes ago, lightbluebaby said:

For those that received a rejection from Mac - did you get an email or check your portal? Also, did anyone get waitlist or accepted yet?

Rejection was via email, with the letter stating they will be updating the portal in the coming days.

3 minutes ago, Speechieee said:

Did you get an email a few days before that your application is still under review ?

Not your quotee, but I got that email this week before my rejection.

10 minutes ago, Popcorn21 said:

Did anyone hire someone to review their intent letter for MPH? I got an informal rejection for MPH-SBHS at UofT and I am confused as to how i can make my application better for next cycle. 

I didn’t! I do wonder what kind of criteria they look for… also, what do you mean by informal rejection? Did you send them an email? 

8 minutes ago, Popcorn21 said:

Did anyone hire someone to review their intent letter for MPH? I got an informal rejection for MPH-SBHS at UofT and I am confused as to how i can make my application better for next cycle. 

I'm sorry to hear that, did you receive an email about it? 

I also applied to the same program, and I just got a friend and one of my references to edit my letter of intent for me, didn't hire anyone.

8 minutes ago, mphpls said:

I'm sorry to hear that, did you receive an email about it? 

I also applied to the same program, and I just got a friend and one of my references to edit my letter of intent for me, didn't hire anyone.

I am very teary right now, because I lived as a refugee until i was 17 years old and when i came to Canada i didnt have a linear path to school highschool and university. which is why it took me so many extra steps just to climb the same ladder as others with privilege of a less tragic childhood. Despite i spent last year taking STATs course and finished it with an A- while getting into health care with a social science degree. So i am really hurt hearing the news of rejection but i am determined and i want to do better for next cycle..

I emailed Suzanne and she told me about my rejection..

1 hour ago, lightbluebaby said:

I didn’t! I do wonder what kind of criteria they look for… also, what do you mean by informal rejection? Did you send them an email? 

This document is what I based my letter for uoft SBHS on. I received this after attending the open house, so I am assuming this is ok to share.

Edited by jcat2222

2 hours ago, lightbluebaby said:

For those that received a rejection from Mac - did you get an email or check your portal? Also, did anyone get waitlist or accepted yet?

Got an email :( and then received another email a couple of hours later saying to check my portal for an update.

Hi all!

Congrats to everybody who has gotten accepted. Looking for some insight about waitlists. I got waitlisted to Queens a couple of weeks ago (they didnt tell me my ranking), does anybody know of schools or Queens that typically get in from the waitlist?

I also applied to McMaster, and got rejected today. Waiting on Uwaterloo now. Did my undergrad in public health, I have about 2 years in public health/health promo experience and overall average in my last two years was around 86%!