Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

13 hours ago, AspiringGradStudent22 said:

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear back from Waterloo MPH? I sent an email and received the following message:

"We cannot provide applicants with an exact date they will receive their application; however, we can assure you they will be communicated at the earliest possible time. Applicants are encouraged to stay up to date with Quest and their email for any updates regarding their application status."

Yes, I’m also waiting! Haven’t heard anything yet. Thanks for sharing this! 

2 hours ago, K97 said:

Has anyone received any updates from Brock? My application status is still “under review” I’m thinking I should start assuming it’s a rejection at this point lol? 

I am still waitlisted. But I think I remember hearing the deadline to reply to offers was April 15. So maybe that will open up spots. I had questions a couple of week ago unrelated to my spot and wrote them, they were quite responsive. 

For anyone planning on going to SFU I would love to get your insight on the program! I’ve been accepted to SFU and U of T health promo which was definitely my first program choice but SFU was my second as it seems to also be social science/social justice based and I was really hoping for a change of scene (I am from Toronto). 
So I am really struggling to decide, I also haven’t been able to connect with anyone who has actually done the SFU MPH either :( any insight would be really appreciated!

On 4/13/2022 at 7:48 PM, MPHSH said:

Accepted my offer to UVIC and declined both SFU and USASK - on waitlist for BrockU. 

Congrats! Did you just email SASK to rescind? Ill also likely be picking UVIC 

15 hours ago, ArMPH said:

Hey guys! Does anyone know if there's a deadline that we must send our official transcripts to Brock by? I tried looking it up online but didn't find anything! 

Probably before the term starts:)

On 4/15/2022 at 5:11 PM, ellmc said:

For anyone planning on going to SFU I would love to get your insight on the program! I’ve been accepted to SFU and U of T health promo which was definitely my first program choice but SFU was my second as it seems to also be social science/social justice based and I was really hoping for a change of scene (I am from Toronto). 
So I am really struggling to decide, I also haven’t been able to connect with anyone who has actually done the SFU MPH either :( any insight would be really appreciated!

Check their website I think they have an email listed to talk to current students or try linkedin. 

On 4/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, ellmc said:

Hey! So I actually did my undergrad in Health Sciences at SFU. The undergrad hsci program and mph program are pretty similar and I've taken some courses with grad students in the past. I would say that the program at SFU is pretty good since they offer a lot of different social science courses and there's also a few experiential programs/classes too (i.e. short term exchange courses in Mexico and South Africa). I liked how flexible SFU was when it came to choosing courses and also all the opportunities for hands-on learning. 

Was informally rejected by UofT for their SBHS MPH, and Brock is still waitlisted for me, so I'm going to be accepting my offer to Western! 

For those of you still looking for an update from UofT, the official letters should be coming up this week/next week for those who were in the second round of reviews. Best of luck to y'all still patiently waiting to hear the news (I couldn't wait haha) - I know you've got this! 

4 hours ago, Sighing said:

Was informally rejected by UofT for their SBHS MPH, and Brock is still waitlisted for me, so I'm going to be accepting my offer to Western! 

For those of you still looking for an update from UofT, the official letters should be coming up this week/next week for those who were in the second round of reviews. Best of luck to y'all still patiently waiting to hear the news (I couldn't wait haha) - I know you've got this! 

Who did you email to get the update from UofT? I emailed Suzanne late last week but didn't get a response. Thank you for sharing the update though! 

Edited by LiveLaughRun

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say congratulations to all of the students who have received an acceptance! Having gone through this process last year, I know how stressful it can be. 

For students that have been accepted to the University of Toronto, welcome! I am one of the executive members of the Public Health Students' Association (PHSA) at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health (DLSPH). We have just set up a Facebook page for incoming Master's and PhD students to connect and ask questions. If you plan on attending DLSPH, feel free to message me and I can add you to the group.

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back! :)

2 hours ago, LiveLaughRun said:

Who did you email to get the update from UofT? I emailed Suzanne late last week but didn't get a response. Thank you for sharing the update though! 

I emailed Suzanne actually! Her inbox might be quite busy right now, but like others in this thread, it's who I contacted.

Hi guys, congratulations to everyone accepted to an MPH and good luck to everyone still waiting!

I'm trying to decide between Queen's and McMaster's MPH and I can't find a lot of info comparing the two online. Does anyone have any experience with either program or heard anything or know where I can look? Any advice (about the program and environment) would be appreciated, thanks!

3 hours ago, LiveLaughRun said:

Just got my rejection from UofT Health promo! LOL sad but happy to finally know, and now i can start being more excited about going to Queen's! 

Sorry to hear that but I'm happy to that you got into Queen's!!! This is really exciting!

I was wondering if you received an email notification from UofT or was it a reply from Suzanne?