Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

6 hours ago, zxra9250 said:

Thank you so much for answering! How were you able to take Masters-level courses after graduating, if you don't mind my asking?

Oh I actually got into an MSc. program after I didn't get into the two MPH programs I applied to 3 years ago. So those courses were the required courses for that degree on top of my thesis. You can take masters-level courses during a post-graduate certificate though. For example, at Western you can get an Applied Health Science Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree. The students take the exact same same classes, the diploma students just take fewer courses. I'm sure it's similar at other schools too.

52 minutes ago, lightbluebaby said:

Just received my acceptance to UofT health promo! 

Me too! The deadline to accept is May 6th for anyone wondering :) 

Good luck to those still waiting, I know it's hard waiting but I'm sure your results will payoff! If not, you did your best and remember there's always the next cycle! 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, Kammi said:

Usask why! I have emailed you more than twice and kept seeing you are still reviewing applications. Pls any International applicant still waiting to hear from Usask?

I emailed them today . They said to expect response soon

25 minutes ago, school4ever said:

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats/experience?

My average over the past 3 years is 90% and for the past 2 years is 91%. I have worked for Campus Health at UBCO doing food security programing (part of creating our first ever farmers' market, community garden, food skills workshops,etc.), volunteered at UBCO's Nutrition Education Centre for a year and created videos, ran events, offered nutrition consulting there, and did a directed studies position where I laid the foundation and wrote a proposal for our campus' first ever student-run cafe. Hope this helps! :) Also my undergraduate degree is in Health and Exercise Sciences so I have taken lots of courses surrounding health promotion, behaviour change, health programing and policies, etc. 

For anyone who got into uOttawa and has/will accept their offer: how will you you fund your studies? I believe there's no OSAP for the program. Are you going to work while studying (e.g. as a TA) or use savings? 

On 4/29/2022 at 10:45 AM, Lean said:

Oh I actually got into an MSc. program after I didn't get into the two MPH programs I applied to 3 years ago. So those courses were the required courses for that degree on top of my thesis. You can take masters-level courses during a post-graduate certificate though. For example, at Western you can get an Applied Health Science Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree. The students take the exact same same classes, the diploma students just take fewer courses. I'm sure it's similar at other schools too.

Thank you so so much for your help! I ended up registering for a post-grad certificate in Health Studies! 

17 hours ago, ArMPH said:

For anyone who got into uOttawa and has/will accept their offer: how will you you fund your studies? I believe there's no OSAP for the program. Are you going to work while studying (e.g. as a TA) or use savings? 

No osap?? 

Edited by AngryyBird