Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

So I'm getting rejections from the schools, and at this point, I'm guessing it's because of my GPA. Does anyone here know if taking courses as part of a post-graduate certificate will help with the GPA?

On 4/26/2022 at 12:16 PM, ODA2022 said:

If you applied to ottawa, check your portals 

Mine still says "Status: under evaluation. Last update: 2022-03-14". Hopefully we all hear back soon! For those of you who heard back did any of you apply to a specific stream?

5 hours ago, zxra9250 said:

So I'm getting rejections from the schools, and at this point, I'm guessing it's because of my GPA. Does anyone here know if taking courses as part of a post-graduate certificate will help with the GPA?

I'm pretty sure all university level courses (undergrad, post-grad certificate, masters, etc.) would be accepted to count towards your GPA. My MPH applications were rejected 3 years ago likely due to not great anything (grades, experience, letter of interest). Getting some experience in research through my masters and some contract work experience in the last year definitely helped me when applying this round! My average from the last 20 courses/2 years probably only went up 5% from a 76-81ish from when I last applied because of better final semester grades and my 3 masters level courses.

49 minutes ago, Lean said:

Mine still says "Status: under evaluation. Last update: 2022-03-14". Hopefully we all hear back soon! For those of you who heard back did any of you apply to a specific stream?

Mine is also still under evaluation, glad I'm not alone!? Do you think they may be sending out results in waves?

Hey guys! I've recieved responses from all the schools I applied to (Mac, Waterloo, Western, Queens) except for Guelph. Has anyone heard back from them? I know a few people mentioned hearing about acceptances in early April, but what about rejections or anything? I haven't gotten any communication from them and there's no status update on the portal either (it's just been "all documents recieved" ever since I applied). I emailed them early last week about this, but haven't gotten a response as of yet. I just want them to make it clear ?.

4 minutes ago, somebodysomewhere said:

Hey guys! I've recieved responses from all the schools I applied to (Mac, Waterloo, Western, Queens) except for Guelph. Has anyone heard back from them? I know a few people mentioned hearing about acceptances in early April, but what about rejections or anything? I haven't gotten any communication from them and there's no status update on the portal either (it's just been "all documents recieved" ever since I applied). I emailed them early last week about this, but haven't gotten a response as of yet. I just want them to make it clear ?.

Sorry I didn’t apply to Guelph so can’t comment on that. 
Just wondering when you heard from Waterloo? I’m still waiting on them. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, somebodysomewhere said:

They said that if you don't receive an email by the end of April, it can be inferred that you were not selected. 

( But I haven't heard of anyone being on a waitlist yet, so let's see)

12 hours ago, somebodysomewhere said:

I got an acceptance from guelph late March, I’m still waiting on waterloo tho!

18 hours ago, Lean said:

I'm pretty sure all university level courses (undergrad, post-grad certificate, masters, etc.) would be accepted to count towards your GPA. My MPH applications were rejected 3 years ago likely due to not great anything (grades, experience, letter of interest). Getting some experience in research through my masters and some contract work experience in the last year definitely helped me when applying this round! My average from the last 20 courses/2 years probably only went up 5% from a 76-81ish from when I last applied because of better final semester grades and my 3 masters level courses.

Thank you so much for answering! How were you able to take Masters-level courses after graduating, if you don't mind my asking?