Fall 2022 PsyD Programs

NoelieRose

Hi everyone! I'm currently entering my senior year of my undergraduate with a BS in psychology and a minor in social justice, and have started my list of Doctorate PsyD programs to apply to. Does anyone have any advice that might make my application stand out for better chances of getting interviewed? Currently I hold a higher GPA, around 3.7 and I'm in the honors program at my school. My first two years of college I worked with a residential treatment facility working with individuals who had different types of disabilities. This ranged from ages 5-65 sometimes. From there I moved to a different company that does genetic testing for the elderly, and I've been here for almost a year. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could get involved in? Thank you! 

Most of the university-based PsyDs with funding and small cohorts also care about research experience, so I would definitely get involved in research if you can. While a PsyD doesn't necessarily do as much research as a PhD, it's important to have a solid understanding of the research process and be a good consumer in order to be able to be a good clinician and deliver evidence-based treatments. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/18/2021 at 12:40 AM, Shabelly said:

Hi! Does anyone know what schools are waiving the GRE?

Hartford PsyD 

Carlow PsyD 

Chatham PsyD 

Baylor PsyD 

Denver PsyD 

seton hall PhD 

Xavier U

a whole bunch are-

also A bunch are finally realizing it’s ridiculous to require the GRE as it’s not a great indicator of program success