could you please direct me to some terminal master's degrees in sociology with emphasis on work and occupations

ninona

Hello,

could you please direct me to some terminal master's degrees in sociology with emphasis on work and occupations (at least some related courses available or faculty members working in that direction). I am searching on my own but maybe you know something specific.

Thank you

MA programs in sociology tend not to be this focused because they're really either 1. Revenue-generating for the school programs that professors don't care too much about, or 2. Meant to just be general stepping stones to PhD programs. With a defined research interest like that, you might be better served applying to PhD programs if you're in a position to do so. There are very few terminal sociology MA programs I can think of off the top of my head, but prioritize following funding over research interests for the MA in my personal opinion. (Others might disagree with this.)

• 1 month later...

I have the same impression as @Ikaitlyn on Sociology MA programs. I would potentially recommend looking into MPH programs if you are interested in occupational health and safety, worker rights, or the impacts of work on health and life. It really depends on what you want to do with the degree. If you plan to work after, a more applied degree like an MPH can be helpful.