Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

I emailed Jonathan at the beginning of the week and he responded saying that Malaysia ETA letters would go out at the EARLIEST next week .. Looks like a lot more waiting

So frustrating! I called him on Monday and he said the same thing. At least it meant that I didn't have to check my mailbox five times every day...

Can someone try calling him later today and asking if there's any further information on when the letters would be sent out?

I have to make a deposit at a law school today, and I would really like to know whether I need to request a deferral or not......

I applied for an ETA to Poland. On Tuesday, I got an email from the American Program Officer and Executive Director of the Polish-US Fulbright Commission that congratulated me on getting a Fulbright and informed me of my placement. However, I still haven't received a big manila envelope, or any envelope. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm in southern California; how long did it take other west coasters to get their notifications? I'm nervous and don't think I'll feel better until I have the paper in hand!

hey,

I'm not a Poland person, but my grant letter got lost in the mail and like you I found out I got the grant (in my case to South Africa) when I got an email sent to all accepted students. It's legit and you can take it as confirmation that you were accepted! But probably you should call the Fulbright office and ask to send a replacement letter because it contains important medical forms. That's what I did.

Hey all,

Long time lurker, was waiting on news from Japan and it just came in the mail today!

Accepted

Full grant to Japan

Name: Justhappened / Alex B

Large (but thin) manila envelope

Postmarked 4.26.2011

Arrived 4.29.2011

Best of luck to all other Japan applicants and thanks to everyone on this thread for being the BEST resource during this process.

I'm gonna go get drunk now.

Got my letter today. Designated as an alternate for Mongolia :-(

For the spreadsheet, I'm listed as SS under Mongolia.

Received: April 29. 2011

Post-mark: April 26, 2011

Current Address

Small white envelope from the IIE

Hi I am a Turkey Fulbright Finalist too. I haven't heard word yet (April 28th). This is driving me crazy because it is effecting my school funding because I do not know. Has anyone heard from Turkey? When should we hear? Last year they heard the middle of April. Do you hear if you are on the wait list around the same time line?

Thanks- Alix

I am waiting too. I am not quite sure when we will hear. UGGGG

Hey all,

Long time lurker, was waiting on news from Japan and it just came in the mail today!

Accepted

Full grant to Japan

Postmarked 4.26.2011

Arrived 4.29.2011

Best of luck to all other Japan applicants and thanks to everyone on this thread for being the BEST resource during this process.

Congratulations, that is great news. Are you a grad student or undergrad? Japan is one of the countries that has separate grants for each. Hopefully, we shall all hear good news soon.

I was wondering if for some countries all applicants (PhD, MA, BA people) are in the same pool vying for the same spots? I am an alternate and have seen online that 2 profs. received the fulbright to teh same country I am an alternate to. (See http://www.education.auburn.edu/news/2011/april/estonia.html and http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/press-and-media/news/15930 )

I was wondering if for some countries all applicants (PhD, MA, BA people) are in the same pool vying for the same spots? I am an alternate and have seen online that 2 profs. received the fulbright to teh same country I am an alternate to. (See http://www.education.auburn.edu/news/2011/april/estonia.html and http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/press-and-media/news/15930 )

You might not have been competing against those professors at all. There are separate Fulbright grants which are specifically designated for scholars, professors and educators. http://fulbright.state.gov/grants/scholar-program/us-citizen.html They're designed to let them teach university level courses while conducting research on their specific topics.

hey,

I'm not a Poland person, but my grant letter got lost in the mail and like you I found out I got the grant (in my case to South Africa) when I got an email sent to all accepted students. It's legit and you can take it as confirmation that you were accepted! But probably you should call the Fulbright office and ask to send a replacement letter because it contains important medical forms. That's what I did.

Thanks for the tip! I'll probably wait through the weekend and call Fulbright on Monday if I haven't received anything by then.

Hey all! I am thrilled to say that I got a Fulbright to Mongolia!!!! Wow, still in shock, but extremely delighted by the news!

Info if anyone wants to know:

type: full

address: permanent

notified: April 29th

postmark date: unsure

method: large envelope

academic status: undergrad

project: agriculture and human development

anyone else going to Mongolia??? message me!

Hey all,

Accepted

Full grant to Japan

Postmarked 4.26.2011

Arrived 4.29.2011

Hey all! I am thrilled to say that I got a Fulbright to Mongolia!!!! Wow, still in shock, but extremely delighted by the news!

Info if anyone wants to know:

type: full

address: permanent

notified: April 29th

postmark date: unsure

method: large envelope

academic status: undergrad

project: agriculture and human development

anyone else going to Mongolia??? message me!

Added you guys to the spreadsheet! Congrats! Now fill out those medical forms!

Turkey people, I am a current ETA in Turkey, and we found out May 16th last year. That was because there was last minute funding (10 are American funded and the other 43 are Turkish funded.) Back in January, I know there had been a series of meetings to decide whether or not the program would expand or contract (there were MASSIVE problems this year--but many have been sorted out so don't worry). It will be largely Turk funded last I heard, but its hard to believe anything they say. Hopefully you'll hear soon, if I hear anything I'll be sure to post information!

I also am a Turkey finalist and according to the forum last year, like bermet said, they didn´t find out until mid-May so just hold on a bit longer!

OMG!!! full grant to vietnam! YESSSSSS :D

annguyen89

current address

notification 4/30

postmark 4/26

large manila

annguyen89@gmail.com

half of the year in Ho Chi Minh City at University of Pharmacy and Medicine, the other half in Da Lat at University of Da Lat