SLP Grad school admission

Hi 

I believe I am in a similar boat when applying to graduate School. I have an undergraduate gpa of 3.4 and a major gpa of 3.6 in the field of communication science disorders. However, I switched from a pre-med track and that is the reason for my gpa not being higher. I also took the gre and scored pretty averagely. I am worried I am not going to be admitted to any programs as I am applying to all Philadelphia schools. Im looking for any advice or similar stories of people who have gotten in. Additionally, I have plenty of work experience and hours on my resume with strong letters of recommendation. thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hey! I had a similar GPA and average GRE scores, I applied to 10 programs and ended up at loyola Maryland (love it!). I also had good work experience and a pretty good resume. Feel free to message me separate on here if you have any questions and I’ll give you my personal email. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, Juliab123 said:

Hi 

I believe I am in a similar boat when applying to graduate School. I have an undergraduate gpa of 3.4 and a major gpa of 3.6 in the field of communication science disorders. However, I switched from a pre-med track and that is the reason for my gpa not being higher. I also took the gre and scored pretty averagely. I am worried I am not going to be admitted to any programs as I am applying to all Philadelphia schools. Im looking for any advice or similar stories of people who have gotten in. Additionally, I have plenty of work experience and hours on my resume with strong letters of recommendation. thank you!

My GPA was around 3.3, GRE scores less than average, but I was accepted into two programs. What helps your application are your experiences and strong recommendations. That is what helped me get into programs the second time around (I applied in 2018 and didn't get in anywhere).