GRE Recommendation?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for the quant score that some of the more methods heavy programs are looking for. I am currently scoring about a 160-162 in both sections and was wondering to what extent I should focus on improving my GRE scores versus working on other parts of my application. I am not interested in methods as a primary field but I am interested in it as a possible secondary. I am most interested in Rochester and NYUamong other schools, but I know both of these schools are very quant heavy. I have about 10 combined economics stats and methods courses (3.75 among all) and was wondering if that is enough to show I am familiar with methods or if I should work towards like a 165 or higher quant. Any advice is appreciated!

Normally, 162 would be a fine quant score for Poli sci, but since you're looking at Quant heavy programs like NYU and Rochester, I think you would need above 165. It would also be great if you have had some prior training in quantitative methods during your undergrad. 

4 hours ago, sbidyanta said:

Normally, 162 would be a fine quant score for Poli sci, but since you're looking at Quant heavy programs like NYU and Rochester, I think you would need above 165. It would also be great if you have had some prior training in quantitative methods during your undergrad. 

By graduation I will have 3 poli sci methods courses, and then two courses in econometrics so I was hoping that could maybe signal my quant background. However, appreciate your input, and will go hit the books!

9 minutes ago, coffeeman123 said:

By graduation I will have 3 poli sci methods courses, and then two courses in econometrics so I was hoping that could maybe signal my quant background. However, appreciate your input, and will go hit the books!

Yep, that should be enough (quite more than enough, actually). Also would help if your writing sample is based on quantitative research. 

8 minutes ago, sbidyanta said:

Yep, that should be enough (quite more than enough, actually). Also would help if your writing sample is based on quantitative research. 

It is, but depending on how data collection goes I may have to present without results, hopefully a solid quant score could help make up for that.