2022 Application Thread for Communications Program

31 minutes ago, yichaow said:

Has anyone already received any decision from UC Davis? Got an interview about 10 days ago and no reply yet. I saw someone posted an offer but seems that it is an isolated case (i.e., no information about rejection or waitlist, or any other offer yet). Kind of worried about whether all the offers are already sent out.

Same boat! I was interviewed 10 days ago but haven’t heard anything yet 

3 minutes ago, Mariposaa said:

sorry I don't know what I just did lol idk how to work this forum lmao 

I was just trying to post that waiting for USC is driving me nuts I've checked my email so many times today?

Yeah!!! I’ve checked at least 10 times ?

1 hour ago, squirtle said:

Is anyone attending Michigan State or Penn State's open house this week?

i applied there but havent heard anything :< can i ask which dept? is it comm arts & sci or the media school? for both msu and psu.

thanks for sharing and do have fun during the open house!!

6 hours ago, heyjung said:

i applied there but havent heard anything :< can i ask which dept? is it comm arts & sci or the media school? for both msu and psu.

thanks for sharing and do have fun during the open house!!

Thanks! Hope you hear something soon!

Michigan State: Information & Media

Penn State: Mass Comm

6 hours ago, squirtle said:

Thanks! Hope you hear something soon!

Michigan State: Information & Media

Penn State: Mass Comm

ah i applied there as well! guess i will be expecting rejections.

are their open houses in-person or virtual? will you be attending if it's an in-person event? quite curious about how schools are planning visit days with covid. i wont be attending an upcoming in-person visit since i'm not from the us (too expensive and troublesome to fly over), and i feel like i will miss out on getting to know the people, environment, and culture at the dept before decisions :(

Has anyone received any update from UT Dallas, UTT (Texas tech), or Media Art Practices from Boulder.? I am on the waitlist in UTT. Is there anyone who got accepted at TTU and declined the offer?

Any interviews for UT Dallas or media art at boulder?

I just received my UC Davis rejection after the interview. I realized how quantitative the school is while I have been doing qualitative research my entire life! So, I guess it was not the right place for me. For those who got admitted, CONGRATS! For those who have not been admitted, its okay!!! You are gonna find the right place for you ❤️

6 hours ago, heyjung said:

ah i applied there as well! guess i will be expecting rejections.

are their open houses in-person or virtual? will you be attending if it's an in-person event? quite curious about how schools are planning visit days with covid. i wont be attending an upcoming in-person visit since i'm not from the us (too expensive and troublesome to fly over), and i feel like i will miss out on getting to know the people, environment, and culture at the dept before decisions :(

Oh no :( Hopefully you receive a decision after this weekend

Virtual- I hope I can visit the campuses too before April for those reasons! It's just not the same over Zoom

2 hours ago, A.M said:

Has anyone received any update from UT Dallas, UTT (Texas tech), or Media Art Practices from Boulder.? I am on the waitlist in UTT. Is there anyone who got accepted at TTU and declined the offer?

Any interviews for UT Dallas or media art at boulder?

I declined my offer from TTU, I hope you get bumped off of the waitlist!

Someone posted this on gradcafe:

Media, Culture And Communication (MCC) , New York University (NYU) - Steinhardt IGNORE WAITLIST. Emailed a professor about update. He forwarded it to the associate director who responded saying that there will be an admission notification in the next few days. Have a feeling there are going to be no interviews this season. Awful sense of dread

Looks like perhaps no one got interview notifs?? wild.

47 minutes ago, commphdhopeful said:

Media, Culture And Communication (MCC) , New York University (NYU) - Steinhardt IGNORE WAITLIST. Emailed a professor about update. He forwarded it to the associate director who responded saying that there will be an admission notification in the next few days. Have a feeling there are going to be no interviews this season. Awful sense of dread

It’s possible! 

2 hours ago, commphdhopeful said:

Email to check portal - rejected.