2022 Application Thread for Communications Program

1 minute ago, squirtle said:

Hi, it was me!! I am still shaking from reading the letter. They sent the email at 1:00 AM PST, lol

Omg!!! Congratssssss! I am wondering if usc send all emails at once or not. Still want to have holpe ?

5 minutes ago, Margolia said:

Because it would make too much sense to let everyone know so they can make their decisions. ???

Yeah, I think so! I was looking for past years, and they usually send acceptances in one day and, 10 days letters, rejections lol. But I believe they send emails throughout the day, not at once

38 minutes ago, THenri said:

Yeah, I think so! I was looking for past years, and they usually send acceptances in one day and, 10 days letters, rejections lol. But I believe they send emails throughout the day, not at once

Hoping you’re right here! No email for me either. I’m sure it was a super competitive pool, as it is always, and I’m trying not to expect too much. 

6 minutes ago, pimae said:

Hoping you’re right here! No email for me either. I’m sure it was a super competitive pool, as it is always, and I’m trying not to expect too much. 

Yeah! Same here... But I do believe that they will send emails throughout the day (maybe I am wrong)

1 hour ago, THenri said:

Heeey! To be honest, next year, try to apply to at least 5-7 programs, it will increase your chances. I was accepted there and I can share it with you, no problems. Send me your e-mail :D

Hi, sorry but is it possible that you can share it with me as well? I want to know about what would have gone wrong on my SOP!

1 hour ago, squirtle said:

Hi, it was me!! I am still shaking from reading the letter. They sent the email at 1:00 AM PST, lol

who did send you the email? The comm department or the grad general department?

3 hours ago, mythos said:

Hi! I have not been here, but I also received info for admission from the grad school to USC at 1am last night through the portal, no follow up info yet!

Congrats!!! Did u post it on the result page? Trying to understand if they have sent all admissions lol

Just now, THenri said:

Congrats!!! Did u post it on the result page? Trying to understand if they have sent all admissions lol

I did, yes! Automated mail from the Grad Admissions at 1:03AM PST  to check like a secondary admissions portal, very odd but that's apparently how they always do it haha

11 minutes ago, mythos said:

I did, yes! Automated mail from the Grad Admissions at 1:03AM PST  to check like a secondary admissions portal, very odd but that's apparently how they always do it haha

Hmmm got it! They might have sent all emails at once! Congrats again ❤️

1 minute ago, THenri said:

Hmmm got it! They might have sent all emails at once! Congrats again ❤️

Thank you so much!!! I applied to very few schools and this was my last one (was waitlisted at U of M American Culture, but rejections across the board at the other 3) so it's such a relief. It does seem very oddly structured and impersonal so far; haven't had any direct communication with the program (I spoke with my POI last fall just casually but nothing past that) so I am eager for more information and funding package. If anyone hears anything or knows what to expect please let me know ?

14 minutes ago, mythos said:

Thank you so much!!! I applied to very few schools and this was my last one (was waitlisted at U of M American Culture, but rejections across the board at the other 3) so it's such a relief. It does seem very oddly structured and impersonal so far; haven't had any direct communication with the program (I spoke with my POI last fall just casually but nothing past that) so I am eager for more information and funding package. If anyone hears anything or knows what to expect please let me know ?

I am very happy for youu!! Now u can celebrate this victory ?

On 2/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, Ade08 said:

It is I who is annoying every professor on the department asking for updates. If they haven't rejected me already, they might just do it for all the updates I have been requesting

Haha! Thanks so much for being the assertive one for all of us.

ANY NEWS FROM NYU MCC? They are taking so long I'm going nuts. I know some folks got their rejection letter and my application is still under review in the portal, so I take it as a good sign?

SHEEZ VIRTUAL HUGS EVERYONE I hope this dreadful wait ends soon

1 hour ago, DoctorWho2022 said:

Haha! Thanks so much for being the assertive one for all of us.

ANY NEWS FROM NYU MCC? They are taking so long I'm going nuts. I know some folks got their rejection letter and my application is still under review in the portal, so I take it as a good sign?

SHEEZ VIRTUAL HUGS EVERYONE I hope this dreadful wait ends soon

i know right? i haven't heard back from them either!!