Wenner Gren 2021-22

anthro8752

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cel said:

Could someone post the link to the WG application portal? I can't find it anywhere. Just got an email from WG saying nothing but "no template found" so I guess I need to check somewhere else. Thanks!

No portal this year, but I think you can email WennerGren & ask for your application status.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know when will WG announce the result? I know that it supposed to be 2 weeks before the next deadline but I'm not sure because I haven't heard anything since their last email on March.

5 hours ago, TahuJeletot said:

Does anyone know when will WG announce the result? I know that it supposed to be 2 weeks before the next deadline but I'm not sure because I haven't heard anything since their last email on March.

no idea, but the wait is killing me! based on the past few years, I'm hoping sometime toward the end of this week/early next week? no portal this year though so it makes speculation harder lol

I heard back at 8am NY time with the final rejection last year, but the notice that I had made it to the second round was sent this year at 9pm NY time. 

@cynical-outcome Just to clarify, you know of people who have already received a final decision in this round? Was it an award or a rejection? (I can see the logic of sending out rejections earlier to give people more time to revise and resubmit, but I don't understand why they would knowingly hold off on rejected applications until the last minute). 

2 hours ago, anthro7843 said:

I heard back at 8am NY time with the final rejection last year, but the notice that I had made it to the second round was sent this year at 9pm NY time. 

@cynical-outcome Just to clarify, you know of people who have already received a final decision in this round? Was it an award or a rejection? (I can see the logic of sending out rejections earlier to give people more time to revise and resubmit, but I don't understand why they would knowingly hold off on rejected applications until the last minute). 

Sorry I met  notified  for the  second round in March  ,  trying to established some kind of timeline.  I am on Pacific time .

Edited by cynical-outcome

46 minutes ago, potemkinvillage said:

I'm surprised that there are people who heard as late as March about the second round - I heard on Feb 17th. perhaps there are delays this year because of the new application system? 

Yes. That is odd.

I’ve heard in mid-Feb too. Perhaps that’s not the dissertation grant one? Or perhaps one of those bounced emails so that they had to resend in March.

Anyways, I’m in a different timezone, so every morning when I wake up, I have to pep-talk myself before checking my email. I try not to get my hopes up, so if I fall it won’t be too painful.

*Sigh* Just need to get this over with so that I can move on.

I think it's odd they haven't released yet. Last year they told the finalists on April 9th. I'm stressed because they haven't told us yet, and my department requires us to submit our grant for internal review 10 business days before submission. Which means I have to have a rewrite of the grant with reviewer comments and my resubmission statement submitted to my department this coming Monday. Every day that passes, the more stressful my week becomes ?