Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship 2021-22

just_another_applicant

I figured I'd start this thread for all of us who shot our shots! How is everyone feeling about their applications? Is this your first time applying? Let's discuss!

This is my first time applying and I'm not sure what to expect. While I feel pretty good about my application, the <2% success rate is not very reassuring. I'm guessing there's probably a lot of luck involved in getting to the finalist round. 

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, breadcloud said:

Anyone hear back yet?

Nothing on my end. I saw from previous years that they will call finalists before sending out all the rejections. Since we're supposed to get a decision email by the 14th, maybe the calls will be going out the beginning of this week. This is all just wild speculation.

13 hours ago, aa4444 said:

I received a phone call on Thursday notifying me that I was selected as a finalist. Finalist most likely were contacted by now since I had to upload some additional documentation by today. 

Congratulations! You must be a very exceptional person. I wish you all the best with your interview!

I can't say I'm too disappointed that I'm probably out of the running. I always knew this was a longshot.