MDiv/Do I have a chance at these schools?

camelears

Hello All,

I am currently a senior at a smaller college in the South. I am planning on getting my MDiv. I have a double major. My GPA is about 3.75. I just had a bad sophomore year, other than that I have always had A/A- grades. My extracurriculars are slim. None at school. I had to work full-time. So, I couldn't be on campus when extracurriculars we're happening. I did do an internship with a church and other volunteer work. I am interested in women, feminism, and gender studies within the church. I want to go into ministry but also have a school that focuses on academic aspects too. I know my academic recs will be solid. My religious leader one should be pretty good as well. I'm wondering how bad the extracurriculars and lower gpa will affect my chances at more competitive schools. 

I am looking at alot of schools and would appreciate any help I can get in knowing what my chances are for the more competitive ones. The schools I am looking at that are harder to get into are HDS, YDS, VDS, PTS, Duke, BU, and Union. 

Thanks for any advice! 

Edited by camelears

• camelears changed the title to MDiv/Do I have a chance at these schools?
  • 1 month later...

You will get into BU. They have a 75% acceptance rate. (They admitted me, and I had a 3.4 and a bachelor’s in Economics).  They also give everyone 70% off their stated tuition price and then if you have a good GPA you’re invited to apply for merit aid. 69% of students get a full tuition scholarship, and some of those people get stipends.