Fall 2022 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

Aminta Greene

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow prospective students! 

The schools I will be applying for are Rice University, TAMU, UCF, Clemson, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, and IUPUI. I am applying to a combo of both Ph.D. and M.S. programs. 

I am surprised there has not been more buzz this year, from other applicants of I/O programs, considering the extraordinary amount that applied to programs in 2020. 

Where is everyone else applying?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually JUST submitted my applications (yay!). I applied to IUPUI, USF, UNC-Charlotte, and Colorado State. I was going to apply to Portland state but I recently saw they wouldn’t be taking on any new students in 2022 :/ so that was a bummer. Fingers crossed to hear something good in Jan! 

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2021 at 10:07 PM, Aminta Greene said:

I haven't seen a forum yet for next year so... where is everyone applying? 

On 1/18/2022 at 4:52 PM, kp123 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Applied to Western, Purdue, MSU, BGSU, Minnesota, Penn State, & Baruch - I received interviews with Western & Purdue so far so hoping that goes/went well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 3:29 AM, kp123 said:

Update:

IUPUI is out of the running for me. I haven’t heard anything from UNC Charlotte or USF but I just completed my screener interview with CSU. Anxiously awaiting all these decisions! 

did you hear back yet from CSU?

Has anyone heard from Penn State? They are the only ones I have not heard back from yet at all. Not feeling confident as historically it looks like they send out interviews in late Jan ?

On 2/10/2022 at 3:16 AM, AM 22 said:
On 2/10/2022 at 3:16 AM, AM 22 said:

I haven’t heard from UNCC either, but I have heard back from FIU, Baruch, and SLU. Has anyone heard anything back from UConn?

What did the universities that you have heard back from tell you? I haven't heard anything from them?

50 minutes ago, Mostafaa said:

What did the universities that you have heard back from tell you? I haven't heard anything from them?

I received either interview invites or visiting day invites from all the ones I have heard from. Beside from those programs, I am still waiting on a lot of programs.

3 hours ago, Ary said:

I've only applied to Canadian schools ?

Wanna ask if anyone has heard back about their applications to Canadian universities for Industrial/Organizational Psychology (both masters or PhD)?

Would be great if anyone can provide info about any of the following institutions;

- University of Waterloo

- University of Western Ontario

- University of Calgary

- University of Windsor

- Saint Mary's University (in Halifax, NS)

- University of Guelph 

On 3/1/2022 at 11:23 PM, Ary said:

It seems like everyone here has mostly applied to American schools; I've only applied to Canadian schools ?

Anyone has any updates?

I applied to both Western and Guelph but haven't hear back from either of them.

16 hours ago, sara45 said:

I applied to both Western and Guelph but haven't hear back from either of them.

Thank you for your reply; sorry to hear you've been on the same boat as me.

I wonder what is going on this year. There seems to be no one here (other than you and I) who's applied to Canadian universities, especially compared to past years where there seemed to be a number of applicants.

I'm really disappointed that I've heard back from only one of these places, especially because my qualifications were pretty on par with what they claim they look for.

My GPA is nearly a perfect 4.00, I have research experience as a research assistant (albeit, in a different field but it's experience nonetheless), my undergrad thesis was a good topic, and I wrote my statements carefully to frame my research interests as aligning with them. I'm an international applicant... I wonder how that's affected my chances. I thought they would be fair in evaluating the applications in these terms, considering how proudly they go on about equality and diversity.

The lack of feedback from them and the silence has been really disheartening, given that I've directly reached out to ask for a status update from them. At this point, I'm not sure I would even accept an offer from them. I've already begun looking elsewhere and find my options elsewhere just as, if not more, promising than these institutions. I don't think that a candidate of my standing needs to be led on like this, I can just go somewhere else.

Sorry for the rant (^~^;)ゞ

I've been pretty upset with the way I've been treated.

If you'd like to share your journey so far, here or privately, I would love to know.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:33 AM, Ary said:

Wanna ask if anyone has heard back about their applications to Canadian universities for Industrial/Organizational Psychology (both masters or PhD)?

Would be great if anyone can provide info about any of the following institutions;

- University of Waterloo

- University of Western Ontario

- University of Calgary

- University of Windsor

- Saint Mary's University (in Halifax, NS)

- University of Guelph 

I heard back directly from the professor I applied to at Western (reject) - But it seems like a ton have been slow to decide. I would guess it may have to do with the pandemic making meetings and other necessities (e.g. funding package determination) take longer. 

On 3/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, C A said:

heard back directly from the professor I applied to at Western (reject) - But it seems like a ton have been slow to decide. I would guess it may have to do with the pandemic making meetings and other necessities (e.g. funding package determination) take longer. 

Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for; this year, Western's program has been pretty disappointing simply because only one person was accepting students for this Fall and he's hardly specialized in the field.

Yeah, I thought about the pandemic having something to do with all the delays but then it occurred to me that we're entering the third year of this pandemic (unfortunately, and in so many people's cases, tragically); they should have the whole thing figured out by now, have processes and back-up plans in place, because application season is something that's always fixed in the calendar. But perhaps you're right, maybe they still haven't figured it out. If that is the case, I'm really disappointed in their competency.