Which Statistics / biostatistics phd programs give fee waivers for applications?

Big Ten Alliance https://btaa.org/resources-for/students/freeapp/eligibility

All of these schools have at least one of a stats phd/biostat phd/math phd with stats focus.  Success may vary by school and some will have stricter requirements, but I've gotten a ton of free apps this way.

University of Chicago
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
 Indiana University
 University of Iowa
 University of Maryland
 University of Michigan
 Michigan State University
 University of Minnesota
 University of Nebraska-Lincoln
 Northwestern University
 Ohio State University
 Pennsylvania State University
 Purdue University
 Rutgers University
 University of Wisconsin Madison

9 hours ago, bayessays said:

Big Ten Alliance https://btaa.org/resources-for/students/freeapp/eligibility

All of these schools have at least one of a stats phd/biostat phd/math phd with stats focus.  Success may vary by school and some will have stricter requirements, but I've gotten a ton of free apps this way.

University of Chicago
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
 Indiana University
 University of Iowa
 University of Maryland
 University of Michigan
 Michigan State University
 University of Minnesota
 University of Nebraska-Lincoln
 Northwestern University
 Ohio State University
 Pennsylvania State University
 Purdue University
 Rutgers University
 University of Wisconsin Madison

Thanks!

I also attended the statistics REU at Texas State. A surprising number of schools gave me a fee waiver just for participating in an REU summer program. It literally saved me hundreds of dollars. I can search around and see if I stored a list of schools that did this.

10 minutes ago, Ryuk said:

I also attended the statistics REU at Texas State. A surprising number of schools gave me a fee waiver just for participating in an REU summer program. It literally saved me hundreds of dollars. I can search around and see if I stored a list of schools that did this.

Thanks! Do you just put the reu on the school's application's research experience? How do you get the fee waiver?

Thanks!

It varies from school to school, but you always have to specifically request it. They won't look through your resume and do it for you.

The information can usually be found by going to the stat department's application Q&A then using Ctrl+F to find "waiver". A few like Cornell list a bunch of programs that qualify but don't include the Texas State REU. There is an email at the bottom to which you can send a request for the waiver anyway. All such schools said yes when I asked for it.

In short, it is very non-standardized. Some grant waivers on a university-wide basis and some on a departmental level. You'll have to search around and do some Googling to find them.