University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.

Kayne Mbego

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lamb1 said:

Thanks for letting me know! I just checked mine and it changed today as well. I wonder what the timeline looks like for this stage until they make a decision 

Last year I noticed acceptances as early as the first week of March in the forums (around March 8th I think someone posted about their acceptance). I hope if not by next week then the week after for the first round ones to slowly roll out! 

3 hours ago, Lamb1 said:

Thanks for letting me know! I just checked mine and it changed today as well. I wonder what the timeline looks like for this stage until they make a decision 

Which concentration are you? Mine still says pre-screening. ?

7 hours ago, whatthefriction said:

Just curious have you all completed your undergrad degree? What made you interested in applying for an MPH?

Good question ? I have two degrees, a BSc in Kinesiology and an accelerated BSc in Nursing. I've been working in Public Health for quite some time now as a nurse and I have noticed many gaps. Health Promotion is a very upstream form of thinking which our medical system has slowly begun to adapt but I want to work on filling those gaps so hopefully within an MPH it increases my knowledge-base and accreditation to work more provincially/nationally and perhaps get into policy changes when it comes to health and the way the client (or consumer) views it.

How about you?

On 2/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, TheTachyNurse said:

Good question ? I have two degrees, a BSc in Kinesiology and an accelerated BSc in Nursing. I've been working in Public Health for quite some time now as a nurse and I have noticed many gaps. Health Promotion is a very upstream form of thinking which our medical system has slowly begun to adapt but I want to work on filling those gaps so hopefully within an MPH it increases my knowledge-base and accreditation to work more provincially/nationally and perhaps get into policy changes when it comes to health and the way the client (or consumer) views it.

How about you?

That's lovely! ?  Your first hand experience as a nurse will be such an asset to the faculty. ??  Fingers crossed you're accepted! Also hats off to you working on the front lines during the pandemic to keep us all safe. ??  I completed my BSc in Psychology and am currently working for a company that runs services for children with disabilities. In Alberta there have been huge budget cuts for families who need this care, and there are so many gaps I've observed with the system. I hope to learn how to make meaningful health policy changes and learn how to make healthcare management more inclusive for all.