Recommender Email Address

Hi! So I applied for a bunch of mph programs in Canada for 2022 and one of my references was taking forever to send me his professional email address so I submitted his personal email address as that’s our primary mode of communication and he claims not to check his professional email as often, he has since submitted the references and now i’m starting to panic because I noticed that some programs state that references from personal email addresses are not acceptable. I’m wondering what to do now, do I send an email to the program or have my reference email the program using his professional email to let them know he’s a legitimate person??

42 minutes ago, cinammon pancakes said:

Hi! So I applied for a bunch of mph programs in Canada for 2022 and one of my references was taking forever to send me his professional email address so I submitted his personal email address as that’s our primary mode of communication and he claims not to check his professional email as often, he has since submitted the references and now i’m starting to panic because I noticed that some programs state that references from personal email addresses are not acceptable. I’m wondering what to do now, do I send an email to the program or have my reference email the program using his professional email to let them know he’s a legitimate person??

Firstly, relax.

Secondly, email the program stating your issue. Two things could happen - 1. the program might allow him to submit recommendation through his personal email to the portal and the university will verify the legitimacy themselves (as long as the recommender has access to his personal email ID); 2. The program might ask him to send his recommendation through email directly to admissions office and they, after verifying, will add the letter to your file.

Edited by QWERTYMNB97

1 hour ago, QWERTYMNB97 said:

Firstly, relax.

Secondly, email the program stating your issue. Two things could happen - 1. the program might allow him to submit recommendation through his personal email to the portal and the university will verify the legitimacy themselves (as long as the recommender has access to his personal email ID); 2. The program might ask him to send his recommendation through email directly to admissions office and they, after verifying, will add the letter to your file.

Lol, thank you for your response. He has already submitted the reference I’m just thinking now about the things that may affect my application because of my rejections from last year. I’m also worried that sending them an email will draw unnecessary attention to my file And I know people all over are skeptical of Nigerians.