NSERC PDF 2021-2022

UofTmath1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything about Extranet from them. I first heard of it period reading the thread for last year.

Their choice to announce after so many people will have been required to respond to offers is indeed very puzzling. For anyone who will receive a later-round offer, it's almost irrelevant.

7 hours ago, msherifz said:

Have you received any news? I remember last year they sent an email about the extranet a couple of days before the results were announced. 

Not beyond what others have also been told (that the results will be announced by Feb 28). I wouldn't be overly surprised if NSERC runs a bit late, but at least it's around the right time to start getting hyped.

6 hours ago, Tambe said:

Not beyond what others have also been told (that the results will be announced by Feb 28). I wouldn't be overly surprised if NSERC runs a bit late, but at least it's around the right time to start getting hyped.

More like getting anxious lol... I applied to 3 fellowships last year, this is my last hope.

30 minutes ago, UofTmath1 said:

The email from NSERC says results will be on their Extranet. How do I make an account? Can someone please post a link to this Extranet? Last year they seem to have at least told people what it was and how to get there.

Last year they sent an email with instructions on how to access the account. I think they sent personalized links to each applicant. Did you receive an email from them about the Extranet?
Last year they sent three emails. One was a notification about the Extranet, the second contained the username and the third contained the password. That was on January 27/28, and the results were announced on January 29. 
If we have not received these emails by now, I think there is a low chance the results will be announced today. ?

2 minutes ago, msherifz said:

Last year they sent an email with instructions on how to access the account. I think they sent personalized links to each applicant. Did you receive an email from them about the Extranet?
Last year they sent three emails. One was a notification about the Extranet, the second contained the username and the third contained the password. That was on January 27/28, and the results were announced on January 29. 
If we have not received these emails by now, I think there is a low chance the results will be announced today. ?

I haven't received any emails about Extranet, but NSERC's automatic reply to the scholarships email address does say results and letters containing rankings will be released today.

2 hours ago, UofTmath1 said:

I've received an email from NSERC written by an actual person, who promised results by the of today. The letter said that we will be notified about how to access our results.

Oh OK. Maybe you could email that person to see if there are expected delays?

I did email to again to ask if it really would be tonight, and not tomorrow, but I haven't received a reply. On one hand, I don't believe government employees would work late (it is 6:35pm in Ottawa now) to do this, but on the other hand, this person said it would be today after 1pm Ottawa time. Seems like this is the worst they've ever handled it.