New York University 2008

Pegona

It meant nothing. There was a bit debate over this among the applicants. Some went to the interview weekend and got rejected. Others didn't get invited but got in.... or did go and got in....

Wow, for me that is a relief to read. NYU is one of my favorite programs and when I saw others had been invited to a visiting weekend I was pretty disappointed. My question is- if, after this visit weekend, a person who was not invited to the weekend is accepted, are they then invited to campus? Or must decisions be made without a visit? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I received an email and a few days later an envelope. This was last week. NYU doesn't fund MA students as a matter of course. Over two years, why would anyone go $60K in debt to get a degree that 'might' get you into a PhD program, and if so 'might' allow you a professional future with no real hope of ever paying off that debt?

Because some people have parents stupid enough and wealthy enough to put little Jimmy into such a program?

I actually worked full-time while getting my MA from there. The school district where I was teaching paid for my Master's degree in full because they were pushing teachers to earn higher degrees. For some reason I state that. No offense taken though. :wink: